“Excellent Greek”

Spiro's
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Restaurant is open for Dine-in monday through thursday for dinner and on the weekends for lunch, brunch, and dinner starting at 10 am. Our take-out service is open seven days a week from 11-10
Austin, Texas
“Excellent Greek”
Reviewed February 11, 2012

This is a very good restaurant that I would highly recommend. I had the moussaka which was quite excellent, and had a unique flavor that I would attribute to their use of Balsamic Vinegar on the plate - it was truly outstanding. The restaurant is quite beautiful, and it's a lovely atmosphere.

In my opinion, our seats near the gas fireplace were a lot warmer than I would have liked, but I'm guessing the seats near the window would have been cold - so perhaps there is a happy medium somewhere.

I also think it's worth noting that though the restaurant has a very formal appearance, and high end cuisine, our waiter's constant use of "you guys" brought it down a few notches "Would you guys like some wine?" "Can I get you guys anything else" "Hows everything you guys?"... my mother's not a guy, never has been, never will be.

I'd still recommend it, and will be going back with "my guys" again.

• Visited February 2012

East Hampton New York
“Great appetizers, wonderful service”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Driving down Montauk Hwy we noticed this restaurant had finally opened after long renovations. We stopped in for dinner. It was crowded, very noisy but we were seated right away. Very accommodating hostess. The serve staff was helpful, and very attentive. The food was pricey, but what we ordered was very good. The traditional greek salad was perfect. We also enjoyed the grilled calamari and the mini souvlaki, all appetizers. (unfortunately the gyro platter was a combination of beef and lamb so we didn't think it was worth ordering an entree.We were not disappointed for a 1st visit and will definitely return. The bar was very active, and crowded, but most of all way to loud with blaring "boom, boom, boom" disco music. Traditional greek music would have been more appropriate. After asking for the music to be turned down, it was but not enough. I found the noise levels way to high, but perhaps in the future management will see the light. Again, give it a try, if only for the appetizers.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank greybonnet
Southampton, New York
“The Best Greek Food in Southampton...”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I love fresh flavorful food. I love grilled fish. Combine the two and you have fresh grilled fish and they don't do it any better than at Greek Bites in Southampton.

Five of us enjoyed a very nice selection of foods in our first visit. We started with fried zucchini with a gently flavored garlic dip made with potatos (can't remember the Greek names for these things), grilled octopus with grilled peppers, capers, lemon and oil, and a salad of tomato, cucumber and feta cheese. The feta was very creamy and of very good quality.

Our main plates included a well seasoned lamb kabob; perfectly done to a tender and delicious medium-well, Grilled shrimp and two types of grilled fish; branzino and porgy. We ordered the branzino filleted and the porgies whole. If you can't deal with the bones, have them fillet the fish; it's just as tasty.

Prices are on the higher end, but the food is so good that we didn't mind paying it. The service was spotty. They're just opening, so the kinks are getting worked out and it can be a bit frustrating. However, management realizes this and they offered us a round of drinks on the house.

I wish them well. With food this good and few great choices on the East End, they deserve a place in the limelight. I would recommend you try them out, as I feel you'll be very happy when you do. Reservations are a must, as it's not a large restaurant AND they deliver!

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank Froggy80
New York City, New York
“New and needs improvement”
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Open a short time, we thought they'd go overboard to please. The servers were fine, but the food was sub-par. Entres came out cold, not well prepared. Very high prices and not worth it at this time. Will try it again, but if no improvement it's a goner. There are too many fine restaurants available on the East End.

• Visited December 2011
“Not your family Greek eats.”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

We ate here on 12/10/11. With such a simple name we thought it would be casual and reasonably priced. Stick with apps and soup,salad. Entrees are not worth the price at all. The music was loud, more for a bar crowd not dinner music. The portions are good sized but the entrees are not worth 25$ and up. There is no 12$ gyro or souvlaki here. Not the place to take kids.