“Not chic but good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bay Ave
“Not chic but good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Boa is not the chicest restaurant in the Hamptons, but it is good food. And in the summer when you have to shout to hear yourself or your dinner companion it is QUIET!! In addition, the food it really enjoyable, quite large portions so if you order Chinese-style and all share it is lots of fun. The staff are as sweet as they can be. It's our local go-to when we can't face chi chi.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Volcano, Hawaii
“Good Thai on the east end”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

I enjoy Thai food. I enjoy it a lot. But, on the east end, it's hard to find. My dad always goes to an Asian Fusion restaurant in Hampton Bays, and though their food is wonderful, their Thai selection is limited (predominately Chinese). At least at Boa, I get a greater selection. The Spring Rolls had plenty of fresh vegetables and were perfectly fried so they were crispy without any oily taste; the Tom Yum soup was flavorful and pungent, though when I asked for Thai spicy (they didn't offer me any options for so spiciness) I only got it medium as stated on the menu. Dad had the seafood and noodles (Kee Mao Talay)- he ate everything on his plate and enjoyed the medium spiciness, fresh seafood, and well integrated noodles and vegetables; I had the Nur Num Tuk which simply is a Ny strip and a small side salad. I normally get Yum Nur (yum Nua)) which is my gauge for how well I think the restaurant will be, but opted for the more expensive grilled option. The steak was done to my liking, topped with chili sauce and more on the side, the salad though a bit small was flavorful with the the peanut sauce and topped with some noodles. All in all, a very pleasant meal, albeit pricier than it should be, but this is the Hamptons. They do offer a 4-course prix fixe but those options didn't appeal to us. I will return when visiting dad in the hamptons.

Visited September 2013
Sag Harbor, New York
“Sad when they close for the season!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Best Thai I have ever had. Service is great, the owners truly appreciate the patronage. Always a pleasure. Have gotten take out and loved it but,as with almost all food, it tastes best at Boa.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Best Thai Surprize”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

The Tom Ka Kai was most flavorful and the Cilantro was an added plus. The fried Wontons were delicious.Next was Red Curry with just the right amount of heat and various varities of seafoob and also had a delicieous tradiontal Pad Tai. Must try the Fried Bananas.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank melgoleski
“excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

food is fresh and delish. fun to sit outside but inside is beautiful too. the thai iced tea is cold and refreshing. service is friendly and fast. everything we've ordered we've loved.

Visited August 2012