“Terrible service and filthy”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Atlantic

The Atlantic
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Southampton
paramus
“Terrible service and filthy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Not at all like the pictures they show!
Not as advertised!!!!
We stayed for couple days and it was not as expected
Bed sheets had stains and bathrooms had mold
Not at all what we expected
Service was not as helpfull and location wise the hotel is not close to the beach
A huge dissapointment!!!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank cash1999
AtlanticBentley, Director of Sales at The Atlantic, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for your time and review. The Atlantic is now under new management and we take your opinions very seriously. I apologize your stay with us last September was so disappointing. We are working with our staff to make improvements to our property, amenities and guest service. We would look forward to an opportunity to host you as our guest again in the future and show you the many improvements that have been made.

Many regards,

The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

This motel is well located in south hampton. Rooms are clean and basic.

Janette at the front desk was very nice and accomodating, her service and warm welcome was appreciated. At hotels I stay at, it's always the people who make or break my experience.

This place is as expected. Not great, overpriced, well located. Now I'm getting out of this room and going to the beach.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The Atlantic is now under new management and we appreciate your time and business. We look forward to an opportunity to host you as our guest again in the summer of 2013.

Many regards,

New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

First of all we were quoted 399$/night but after taxes the bill ended up being 473$/night. The place itself is an old partly refurbished motel on the highway far away from the city center. I would not complain if it was 80$ per night, but what they charge here is an outrage. Take your money somewhere else where you get at least a bit value for it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking your time to place a review for the Atlantic. We are currently under new management and want to apologize for your unpleasant experience with us. We are working with our staff to improve the guest experience and would look forward to an opportunity to show you the changes we are making. Thank you.

The Management

Travelers are raving about these Southampton hotels

chicago, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

I came to the Hamptons for work and it's been an adventure to say the least. We were booked at another hotel and it was TERRIBLE. I drove around to find an alternate hotel and found the Bentley, checked out the rooms and when I called the office, they said they didn't have 2 double rooms but they checked their sister property, the Atlantic and alas, here we are.

With the knowledge that the "other place" charged $400/night for the run down dump they call a hotel, I was ok paying $300 a night at the Atlantic. I explained my situation...we are here for work, I have "client-y" people staying in the hotel and I've already paid for the other place and I need a new hotel, but I need to stay in budget so they worked with me which was great.

This place is not the greatest...but nothing is. The beds were clean. Some of the rooms are very spacious. My room has a bit of an odor...sort of like cat pee, but they said they'd offer some form of compensation for that. I have yet to follow up on it. At this point, I'm a little worn out.

Honestly, if you want to come to the Hamptons, get ready to stay like you did Freshman year of college in Panama City. The hotels aren't nice...they're fine, but not nice. And yes, during peak season, you will pay upwards of $400 for rooms that would be proud to go for $39 on the side of a highway. But it's not really the hotelier's fault. When people will pay it, why wouldn't they charge it?

As stated, this trip is for work, so I'm not personally paying for the rooms. I think that allows me to be a little less upset about it all, but for my money, if I was going somewhere and planning to pay $400/night for two nights for my vacation, I'd take the $800, buy 2 flights to Vegas, get a $50/night room at the Hooter's Hotel (which is actually pretty nice) and use the last $100 to gamble!

Also, there's not a ton around this area and you'll end up driving pretty far to actually be in the mix.

Hope that helps! Good luck!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
AtlanticBentley, Director of Sales at The Atlantic, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts and review on our page. The Atlantic is now under new management and we are working to make changes and upgrades to our property. I apologize you didn't have the ideal experience but welcome you to join us again for any future needs.

The Management & Staff of the Atlantic
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

My husband, two kids and I decided last minute to spend the weekend at the Hamptons. After not finding availability at the place I've stayed in before I went with the only option available (The Atlantic hotel) -not really a hotel! Their website is completely misleading. They advertise it to look as a retro high end place with great service and it's anything but that. Place is a rundown motel and for $400.00 a night , a complete rip-off. Furniture was old and carpeting was dingy and as far as the bathrooms, I don't know where to start. There was a hole with peeling paint on the ceiling and the heat vent was all rusty and falling apart. The shower head was hanging sideways and the water knobs were falling apart. I took a shower with my flip flops on and was completely disgusted!
The owners should be ashamed for what they provide at $400.00/night.
Even my young children were horrified by the experience.
Never, ever, again!!!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Antigonez
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. The Atlantic is now under new management and we want to personally apologize for your unfortunate experience last August. We are working with the staff to make the necessary upgrades and changes to get the property renovated for the 2013 season and would welcome you to join us again for a better experience.

Amityville, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

My wife and I along with our 1yr old child stayed in The Atlantic for the weekend. The grounds were satisfactory along with the rooms. But the bathroom was atrocious. For the amount of money it cost to stay there it was definitely not worth it. Not a place to bring your family to, because when it came to saturday night it was like a low class party motel. From 11:30 pm till 8:00 am there was loud music blaring and stomping from room above. We also were lucky enough to have drunks come to our door and throw up right in front of it. It is not enjoyable having to take care of a 1yr old with no sleep due to the type of guests this "motel" attracts. We brought it to the attention of the front desk and they said they would try and compensate us. But due to us booking through hotel.com we had to go through them first and hotel.com would contact the hotel and get us compensated. To make a long story short we were never were compensated and we were just blown off, even thought the "motel" got numerous complaints. My recommendation is to pay a few dollars more and stay in a different hotel.

Room Tip: Never stay on the bottom floor, or close to the entrance of hotel(motel)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and leave us with your opinions. The Atlantic is now under new management and we want to personally apologize for your unfortunate experience. We are working with our staff to make the necessary changes and updates to the property for the 2013 season and would encourage you to visit us again to see the improvements that are now available.

Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

Surprise ! The Atlantic is a very nice hotel. I was hesitant to stay at the Atlantic because of the horrid TA reviews.The hotel has very pretty grounds and a large pool with plenty of lounges. My husband and I spend 4 nights a at the Atlantic in a suite which was actually two adjoining rooms. Each adhering room was large, with a comfortable king bed, plasma TV, large comfortable chair, small table and chairs. The larger room also had a small refrigerator and extra bed offset by a small curtain.There was one small bathroom.

Several guests had a small/medium well behaved dog. The owners/staff cleaned up after their dogs. The grounds and grass were very clean; you wouldn't know that the hotel allowed dogs.

The hotel staff was very friendly. The continental breakfast would do well to make sure that coffee and milk are available for those guests who come a bit later for breakfast. However,T the staff gladly provided more coffee and milk when we informed them of the shortage. Cereal,pastry, teas,fruit, yogurt, granola bars are provided. There is a micro wave , ice machine and vending
machines across from the breakfast room. The breakfast room has a large plasma screen TV and a number of table and chairs where we enjoyed chatting with other hotel guests.

If you're looking for a nice sandwich, deli and salad place, try the Dunkin Donut just before you enter "South Hampton Village". Take a left out of the hotel parking lot onto 27East. The Dunkin Donut is down aways on your right; across from the Seven Ellen.

Room Tip: The suite with adjoining rooms is very nice. It's located on the second floor overlooking the po...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review the Atlantic. We are currently under new management and enjoyed hearing your previous stay was pleasant and enjoyable. We look forward to an opportunity to host you as our guest again.

The Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southampton
The Hamlet Inn
Hyatt Place Long Island East End
Baron's Cove
Baron's Cove
#1 of 5 in Sag Harbor

Been to The Atlantic? Share your experiences!