They nearly got it right at this renovated 1960s-era roadside motel. The fluffy white beds, the modern blonde wood – it seemed like it would be perfect for two low-maintanence travelers.
The room was stuffy, so we tried to open the windows. Painted shut. Air conditioner made an extremely loud noise. Bed was old and saggy, pillows awkward, and there was no top sheet under the duvet. Though it was a brisk night outside, with the windows sealed shut and the air con thumping away, we were roasting under the comforter. Just an awful night's sleep.
The lighting is nice, it's vaguely stylish, though the furniture arrangement is bizarre, with the tiny television too far from the bed to see clearly. The shower made a loud screaming sound the entire time. The skylight above the bed (note- very bright in the morning) was cracked to pieces up there. And on top of this, though the simple snacks for breakfast are appreciated, the coffee was so thin it appeared to be tea.
Oh Atlantic, we wanted to like you. Really wished you would keep up on your maintenance and at least improve the beds and the coffee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Atlantic features 68 oversized rooms on 5 acres of tentable event space including a beautiful pool-side beach area. The rooms offer two double beds, a queen bed and convertible sofa, a queen bed with jacuzzi bath, or Luxury two room suite. We also offer meeting space that can accomidate up to 35 people. Conveniently located just minutes from beautiful Southampton Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Atlantic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Atlantic Hotel Southampton
- Atlantic Southampton
- The Atlantic Southampton, NY - Hamptons