Southampton Inn(Southampton)
$365
Bay Watch Hotel & Marina(Hampton Bays)(Great Value!)
$249
Capri(Southampton)
$399
The Drake Inn(Hampton Bays)(Great Value!)
$350
$315
  • Pool
Bayview Resort(Hampton Bays)(Great Value!)
$265
$195
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $244/night.

Easterner Motel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
$195
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $268/night.

Seahaven Resort Motel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
$189
$915
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
All reviewsold houseyogurtprivate bathroomthe salt water poolfantastic stayplace to staybeautiful housenew york cityperfect locationelizabethlanebeachesbishopsummersouthhampton
Reviewed July 12, 2017

I have been going to the Hamptons for many years so I know the area well. I love Southampton for many reasons. I discovered mainstay last summer, lucky me. I called Elizabeth, she had 1 room available from a last minute cancel; she said "come out." I have stayed at a few Inns in Southampton over the years but none compare to Mainstay.
Mainstay is a big beautiful house in the best location, right on Hill Street. It is 2 minutes from town and a minute from the beach. You are transformed to relaxation the minute you drive into the driveway. Each room at mainstay has its own unique warm feel. I have enjoyed Hill St, Meadow and Bishop lane. All of the rooms are beautiful, spacious and the beds so comfortable. You always get the best night sleep. Elizabeth, the owner, has decorated the house so that you feel at home. It is warm, inviting and so relaxing. It is perfect for everyone, families, couples or if you come alone to relax... What I love about mainstay is... well what i don't love is that the summer is only 3 months... I would spend every weekend at mainstay if I could and more time in August... When you wake up, a beautiful breakfast awaits you-- fruit, cereal, waffles, bread, eggs, yogurt, OJ and of course coffee. I always meet interesting friendly people at breakfast. I usually run off to spin class with a full belly but when I get back, I go right to the salt water pool, IT IS SOMETHING SPECIAL. I can't explain, you have to go.. The pool is surrounded by beautiful greenery, trees, a garden, pretty flowers-- its my 'go to' spot.. and with a glass rose in the afternoon, a perfect day. Elizabeth also provides a beach pass to nearby beaches. If you get the chance to chat with Elizabeth, you will realize why the mainstay is such a special place. Elizabeth not only loves mainstay (and her 2 girls) but she also cares about people. She will make sure your stay is the best it can be... THANK YOU Elizabeth and Mainstay for... miss A, always welcoming us and making us feel at home.
Can't wait for next weekend!!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautiful. Just depends on how many beds you need...
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
ElizabethMain, Owner at Mainstay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2017

Carolyn, it is always wonderful having you stay. See you soon, thank you for the review.
Mainstay
Southampton NY

Reviewed July 11, 2017

Elizabeth was great to deal with leading up to the reservation. My team was out there for work and we needed a place to rest and relax while we were not working. Beautiful home with lots of space. Great kitchen, and great back yard to relax in and BBQ. Would certainly rent the home from them again.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business
ElizabethMain, Owner at Mainstay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2017

Kevin, your always welcomed back!
Thanks for the review.
ELizabeth

Reviewed July 1, 2017

This place is on a very road with traffic at all hours going by. The lighting was super faint so you felt like you were in a haunted house.

We stayed here with a work trip and all of us decide on night 2 to bunk elsewhere because the place was very old and worn. It also smelled weird.

If this got an refresh/update it could be a nice space- if you like B&B's then this may be the place for you- but it was not for me.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business

We are so sorry you were not happy, the house is very old and we like to think of it as charming but it is not for everyone.

Reviewed August 17, 2016 via mobile

Room smelled like mildew. Grungy. Not worth it. Much better options available in Southampton. After deciding inhaling mold spores all night was not a good idea, we moved and were so much happier. Don't waste your time and money here unless smells don't bother you.

Stayed: August 2016
ElizabethMain, Owner at Mainstay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2016

We are very sorry that you had an unfortunate stay. This has been a very hot and humid summer and sometimes the humidity just gets the best of us and makes everything unpleasant.
Owner

Reviewed May 15, 2016

I am a seasoned traveler who loves staying in B&B's. Mainstay is one of my favorites since I live in NYC and it's an easy trip door to door. Elizabeth, the proprietor, is warm, friendly and welcoming. The rooms are uniquely appointed and speak of her creative eye. I love the salt water pool in the summer and the fluffy down comforters in the off season cool nights - very comfy. The family style breakfasts are ample and satisfying. Mainstay is my "go to" place when I need to wind down. I highly recommend it and give it a two thumbs up. Kathy M

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple
ElizabethMain, Owner at Mainstay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2016

Kathy, it has always been more than a pleasure to have you stay here at The Mainstay, over the years you have added delight to the breakfast table with your wonderful stories of life in NYC. Please come again soon and jump in the saltwater pool which awaits you.
Elizabeth and all the the Mainstay!