“A Pleasure, as always”
Review of Easterner Motel

Easterner Motel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Southampton
Reviewed August 4, 2008

This is the fourth year I have stayed at the Easterner as I became a member of an extended family who has stayed there often. The hotel is clean, convenient to everything be it beach, dining or night life. Over the four years, there has been a constant upgrading of the facilities and equipment that makes it more pleasant every year. The pool is so enjoyable as kids and adults just jump in and enjoy the time and, for the adults, relax.

The property is enjoyable, the staff extremely friendly and the proprietor goes out of her way to make you comfortable. The Ritz it ain't - but for a decent price and a clean establishment, there isn't a better bargain in town!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed July 23, 2008

We love The Easterner. My family and I, 2 adults and 2 children have stayed at The Easterner each summer for the last 10 years. Fran, the proprietor, is extremely friendly and accommodating. She bends over backwards to make our stay enjoyable from letting us into a room early to directing us to the free beaches (aren't many left).
The rooms are ideal for a beach vacation: clean and fresh after a long beach day. There is even a pool to refresh in after a stay at the Ocean. There are kitchenettes to keep the necessary's refrigerated as well as to have some meals in instead of eating out.
There may be more upscale places, as one would expect in the Hamptons, but for the price you cant find a better bargain.
We look forward to our time there every summer....

Just wanted to finally put it down in writing......

Bill

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank BillO10504
Reviewed July 21, 2008

I just spent a weekend in Southampton and booked a last minute stay at the Easterner. I got a great price (under $300), especially compared to the other options we had in Southampton that require a 2-3 night stay during the summers ($400-600).

It looked like everything had a fresh layer of paint and the room was clean and brightly decorated.

You definitely need a car to get there since it's not in town, but it's only a few minutes outside of downtown Southampton.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 27, 2008

Bicycling through the Hamptons, we found The Easterner the perfect place to stay. The room was exceedingly comfortable -- cheery, bright, and well equipped. Having a refrigerator, stove, microwave, and sink as well as plates, cups, cutlery and a bonus of popcorn, tea, and coffee, the room fit our needs and more than met our expectations.

Besides the excellent accommodations, we found Fran, the proprietor, to be friendly, helpful, considerate, and informative. She went out of her way to give us suggestions for our routes, and double checked at the end of the day to see if we did all right. We felt as if we had first rate care from a first rate lady in a top notch place. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 26, 2008

My husband & I have stayed at the Easterner every summer over the past 25 years. We started out as singles, married and now enjoy it with our 13 year old daughter. This is a wonderful quiet family place at an affordable price. The efficiency rooms are clean and comfortable. The pool is never crowded and there is a fenced in tennis court. This is not a 5 star resort but the customer service is second to none. Last summer, the owner even gave up a room in her own home to accomodate a couple traveling from Germany that could not find a vacancy anywhere. This is truly our home away from home and we cannot wait for another memorable vacation this summer at the Easterner!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2008

The Easterner was the perfect place for a quick getaway to the hamptons. Not far from Southampton village and beaches, the Easterner's spacious rooms are clean and well kept with comfortable beds. The rooms have AC, kitchenette, tv and shower/bathroom. Fran, the owner, was great and very accomodating to our stay. If you are looking for an affordable place to stay in the hamptons, the Easterner is perfect.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2008

The Easterner was my saving grace! I was playing a local tennis tournament and we had booked a hotel that was an hour away from the tournament site. One of my teammates found the Easterner. The price was perfect for the location. The only problem was when I called the Motel was booked for the dates that I needed. Fran, the owner was wonderful and so helpful. She tried helping me out in every way she could. I have not had customer service like this in a five star hotel. I asked her to please call me if she had any cancellations. Sure enough the very next day Fran called with the good news she could accommodate me. When I arrived Fran greeted me outside and was just as friendly in person as she was on the phone. Just a truly wonderful lady. She gave us wonderful suggestions for dinner, directions to where ever we needed to go, and made sure we could reach her at any time of the day. The pool was not quite open yet but, I was not there to swim! The rooms were very simple with a kitchenette. It was clean and a perfect place to rest my tired bones. I also have to mention that Fran has Wi-Fi so you can connect to the internet if necessary. Frankly, if you don't require the Four Seasons this is a great little get away. It is quite, clean, and the right price. I would not hesitate to go back. I can't neglect to mention that I left some of my clothes in the dresser. Fran contacted me via email and was kind enough to send them to me. Thanks Fran you made our stay fun!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank 10sgrl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southampton
The Hamlet Inn
Colonial Shores Resort
Colonial Shores Resort
#4 of 12 in Hampton Bays
Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead

Been to Easterner Motel? Share your experiences!