“Perfect place for quick, affordable getaway to the hamptons”
Review of Easterner Motel

Easterner Motel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Southampton
new york, ny
“Perfect place for quick, affordable getaway to the hamptons”
Reviewed June 16, 2008

The Easterner was the perfect place for a quick getaway to the hamptons. Not far from Southampton village and beaches, the Easterner's spacious rooms are clean and well kept with comfortable beds. The rooms have AC, kitchenette, tv and shower/bathroom. Fran, the owner, was great and very accomodating to our stay. If you are looking for an affordable place to stay in the hamptons, the Easterner is perfect.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 16, 2008

The Easterner was my saving grace! I was playing a local tennis tournament and we had booked a hotel that was an hour away from the tournament site. One of my teammates found the Easterner. The price was perfect for the location. The only problem was when I called the Motel was booked for the dates that I needed. Fran, the owner was wonderful and so helpful. She tried helping me out in every way she could. I have not had customer service like this in a five star hotel. I asked her to please call me if she had any cancellations. Sure enough the very next day Fran called with the good news she could accommodate me. When I arrived Fran greeted me outside and was just as friendly in person as she was on the phone. Just a truly wonderful lady. She gave us wonderful suggestions for dinner, directions to where ever we needed to go, and made sure we could reach her at any time of the day. The pool was not quite open yet but, I was not there to swim! The rooms were very simple with a kitchenette. It was clean and a perfect place to rest my tired bones. I also have to mention that Fran has Wi-Fi so you can connect to the internet if necessary. Frankly, if you don't require the Four Seasons this is a great little get away. It is quite, clean, and the right price. I would not hesitate to go back. I can't neglect to mention that I left some of my clothes in the dresser. Fran contacted me via email and was kind enough to send them to me. Thanks Fran you made our stay fun!

• Liked — Fran!
  • Disliked — I was just fine for our purpose.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank 10sgrl
new jersey
Reviewed May 16, 2008

My husband and I just returned from our stay at the Easterner Motel. We had a clean, efficiency room with kitchenette, bed, tv and bathroom. It was perfect for our needs. A great priced motel in lovely Southampton.

Stayed May 2008
1 Thank shelly179
chicago
Reviewed August 17, 2007

Seeing as this was pretty much the ONLY accommodation at the price point ranked here, we went ahead and booked our 4 nights. We were bringing our 3 and 8 year old out for a family visit and a few days at the beach. Our thinking was that we would be spending alot of time away from the motel, so even if it was a little "sketchy", we could live with that.

So, going into it with low expectations based on the price-point we were still pretty grossed-out. The entire property was a scraggily strip of cinder-block "cabins" each with crumbling exteriors. It was much like the low-income residence just a few hundred feet to its east. In fact, it would not surprise me if one day in the not so distant future that this motel was soon home to a dozen or so families of "seasonal laborers". For now, it is a trailer park you can experience at $185 a night. Our unit was closest to the road, and the first night my wife asked me if there was a possibility of a car careening into us while we slept.....It sure sounded like that was a possibility.

We had what I understood to be the only 2-room unit (#1). It looked neat and tidy, but was generally musty, moldy, damp and generally smelly, even after we discovered and removed the large, athletic sock that was overlooked by the cleaning staff and on the floor directly next to one of the beds. The bathroom was small and moldier. The Kitchenette and fridge was gross....dirty. It had 2 doors, neither of which had bolt locks or chains....we wondered if that was even legal.

So, we are left thinking that there must be accommodations in the Hampton's under $300 a night that are not totally creepy and gross as this place was.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank chicagojoe-TRIP
long island
Reviewed July 13, 2004

very inexspensive for hampton standards.
pool could be cleaner and the garden around it
is overgrown and not kept up. full kitchen with
stove and sink and nice size fridge. needs to be
updated with new rugs and curtains and comforters.

• Stayed August 2004
3 Thank christi50
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southampton
The Hamlet Inn
#1 of 12 in Hampton Bays
Colonial Shores Resort
Colonial Shores Resort
#4 of 12 in Hampton Bays

Been to Easterner Motel? Share your experiences!