“Wonderful stay!!!”
Review of 1708 House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Southampton
1708 House
Ranked #2 of 5 Southampton B&B and Inns
New York City
“Wonderful stay!!!”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the 1708 house for a short getaway and loved it! The house is beautiful and has so much history. Linda is wonderful and gave us a great tour of the house and the cottages. They had a great afternoon tea with wine and snacks. The snacks were very fresh and tasty. Breakfast in the morning was a buffet and eggs to order. My husband and I both had omelettes that were delicious. The location is perfect. Walking distance to many shops and restaurants. We had dinner at Tutto Il Giorno and it was delicious. We had a terrific stay at this bed and breakfast and didn't want to leave. I wish we could have stayed longer. Thank you to everyone at the 1708 House for a great stay!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Northport, New York
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I want to thank the 1708 house for the best weekend EVER!
I surprised my Wife for her Birthday ,but actually it surprised us all.
The 1708 house is the BEST Band B we have ever stayed in.
I give it a 10! All the way. The hospitality, the rooms the food the History.
WOW...!
I want to thank Linda and Kelly for making us feel like Family.
The Tea and cookies and wine were top shelf!
The breakfast was 5 star! We did not want to leave, that's how great it was.
If your looking to kick back and go back in time then I suggest you try this treasure.
Bill Northport NY

Room Tip: Room # 6 was the best! First floor. (if you have a bad knee its the best LOL)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
New York
Reviewed February 26, 2014

My husband I and recently stayed here for two nights during the week. We had the entire house to ourselves, which was simply amazing. The staff including John and Skip, the inn keeper were very helpful and friendly. They instantly made us feel at home and answered all our questions and made great suggestions, since it was our first time in the Hamptons.. John made us delicious omelettes in the morning along with cappuccinos! The house is in excellent condition and the various sitting rooms are all very cozy and comfortable. From the moment we stepped in, we did not want to leave. Tea time, wine and cheese in the evenings and plenty of space to relax and unwind were added pluses. The location is great too. We walked to the shops and took a short drive to the beach. I highly recommend 1708 house and we will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: room 3 is the best! large and has a claw foot tub and king sized bed
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank honeymooners0407
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My boyfriend and I were looking for a short weekend get away outside of the city and were very happy to come across the 1708 House. I made the reservation over the phone and was given a great deal of information about my room options from the inn keeper. We informed them that we would be checking in quite late and this didn't seem to be a problem.

We took a train in from the city and arrived in Southampton around 11:00 pm. There were taxis available at the station, but we opted to walk the half mile down the main drag to the house. The house was warm and welcoming and we found our check in materials waiting for us. We took it upon ourselves to go for a late night tour of the house and were very impressed with the space and the cleanliness. Every room is decorated with antique furniture, paintings, wall hangings and bric-a-brac. There are neat little rooms to be discovered on each floor and the basement is a complete wine-cellar/game room. The dining room is wonderfully decorated (photo attached) and the breakfast staff (John) was available to make eggs your way. We were able to sit and enjoy the dining room over books and crossword puzzles and we never felt rushed or crowded.

The room itself (Room 1-main house) was awesome. We had a bathroom, sitting room and large bedroom; the bed was very comfortable. The rooms have exposed walls and ceilings, adding to the charm of the house.

The main house is located close to "Downtown" and many restaurants and shops are easily within a 5 to 10 minute walk. We walked (around 20 minutes) to the beach and enjoyed a wonderful winter day with the surf.

Having never been to Long Island before (or the Hamptons), I am not sure how to rate the B&B price wise which is why I rated it as "average".

If you get a chance to get away to the Hamptons, this B&B is a wonderful place to relax and see the sights.

Cheers and Enjoy!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jaclyn M
Cinnaminson, New Jersey
Reviewed December 30, 2013

The entire experience was delightful. There was such attention to detail. The owner/employees were so welcoming. The wine/tea as a welcome was wonderful after a long ride. The breakfast was to order and delicious. It is a very comfortable place and the history shared was spectacular. It is a very relaxing environment. We will definitely return and we heartily recommend it.

Room Tip: Our daughter, husband and grandkids stayed in a cottage. My husband and I shared an upstairs room...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Massapequa, New York
Reviewed November 30, 2013

My husband, ten year old son and I stayed at the 1708 house on Thankgiving night. We stayed in Room #2 which was a two bedroom suite with a private bathroom. We drove out Thanksgiving morning, arrived around 1:30pm and our room was ready. My husband and son were relaxing when I went down to look around. There was a lovely "tea" set up which included wine cheese and other goodies. I poured a glass of wine and went upstairs to a sitting area by a window that overlooks the town/street. I could not have been more relaxed. I also chatted with LInda who was extremely pleasant and accommodating. The beds were so comfortable and the rooms in general were very cozy. The next morning we went downstairs to read the papers and have breakfast. John and Linda made us a hot breakfast, eggs for my son and an omelette for my husband. I enjoyed the yogurt and cereal that were available at the breakfast bar. We walked around the town, just steps away, before checking out. I really cannot wait to go back. Next time, we will stay in one of the cottages.

Room Tip: We loved Room 2!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sartory01
Sacaba, Cochabamba, Bolivia
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My wife and I were here for our honeymoon in Oct '13. We fell in love with the place and the staff. Linda was very informative and helpful. Anything we needed she readily assisted with. We will definitely be coming back in the future. We highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southampton
Southampton Inn
#1 of 5 in Southampton
Southampton Village Motel
Southampton Village Motel
#1 of 8 in Southampton

Been to 1708 House? Share your experiences!