“Well worth the visit ”

Southampton Publick House
Ranked #52 of 171 Restaurants in Southampton
Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

Today my husband and I were looking for some fantastic beers on tap, one of our stops along the way was the South Hampton public house. We were greeted by Brendon who provided excellent service, and with the best attitude of anyone I’ve ever met. We only planned on stopping in for one beer and ended up staying and having a delicious lunch. The Thai wings were delicious and the sirloin burgers were amazing. We also had some really cool IPAs on tap. The owner takes pride in his establishment and it shows. I would highly recommend the Southampton Public House. It was our first time there but we will definitely return and soon.

Date of visit: October 2018
DonS2802, Owner at Southampton Publick House, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2018

Hey, We're so happy that you enjoyed your lunch and beers. We appreciate all the kind words and hope that you and your husband join us again soon!

Reviewed September 25, 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed fish and chip lunch with a summer blonde beer here. The food was excellent and the beer was very good. Wait staff was friendly and food was served hot and quickly. I highly recommend for a quick lunch.

Date of visit: September 2018
DonS2802, Owner at Southampton Publick House, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2018

Thank you for this feedback! We're thrilled to know you had such an awesome time while dining with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

This was once adorable, with the garden in the back, and bar room feel inside, some how, the food is not at all as good as it once was. My tuna was awful and not of great quality, the seaweed was dried out, and fresh ginger tasted like it was left over from last week. My husband clam chowder was watery..We had to ask for bread, even the olive oil tasted poorley..Service was very slow..The help was nice..The bathroom was clean.I doubt I will rush back.

Date of visit: August 2018
Don S, Owner at Southampton Publick House, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

Hi there. I am disappointed to hear this feedback. Please know that this is not the norm for our restaurant, and is not the standard we hold ourselves to. We want all of our guests to have a great and positive all around experience with us, and knowing this was not the case for your visit is saddening. We hope that you visit us again in the future.

Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

I ordered the almost $30 steak topped with onions and Gorgonzola. The onions were cold. The steak had so much gristle, I wish I had brought a chainsaw. I mentioned it to both waiters and got a shrug.

Date of visit: July 2018
Don S, Owner at Southampton Publick House, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

Hi Maria, it is so disheartening to hear that you did not enjoy your meal with us. Our servers are trained to handle all situations, including this, and we apologize that the problem was not rectified during your visit. Please know that this will be addressed with our waitstaff and is not the norm for our business. We hope you join us again in the future so that you can see our full potential!

Reviewed July 23, 2018

I was a bit disappointed this year. I ordered the crab cake appetizer, which when it came had been so deep fried that you needed a knife to cut into it. Once you managed to get a bite, it was as much filler as crab. I wouldn't order it again. My husband had the tuna appetizer, which he really liked. My main was the fish tacos - chunks of fish in sauce over pieces of pineapple with cabbage. These were excellent. My husband had the fish and chips which he liked. We sat outside, and it was a prefect day for it. Justin was our waiter and he did a great job.

Date of visit: July 2018
Don S, Owner at Southampton Publick House, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2018

Jenny, we are happy to hear you and your husband enjoyed a majority of your meal and our outdoor seating but it is upsetting to learn you did not enjoy our crab cakes. We encourage our guest to address any food concerns while still dining as we are happy to accommodate where we can! We appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you again this summer!