“Our annual visit”

Southampton Publick House
Ranked #52 of 171 Restaurants in Southampton
Reviewed July 23, 2018

I was a bit disappointed this year. I ordered the crab cake appetizer, which when it came had been so deep fried that you needed a knife to cut into it. Once you managed to get a bite, it was as much filler as crab. I wouldn't order it again. My husband had the tuna appetizer, which he really liked. My main was the fish tacos - chunks of fish in sauce over pieces of pineapple with cabbage. These were excellent. My husband had the fish and chips which he liked. We sat outside, and it was a prefect day for it. Justin was our waiter and he did a great job.

Date of visit: July 2018
Don S, Owner at Southampton Publick House, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2018

Jenny, we are happy to hear you and your husband enjoyed a majority of your meal and our outdoor seating but it is upsetting to learn you did not enjoy our crab cakes. We encourage our guest to address any food concerns while still dining as we are happy to accommodate where we can! We appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you again this summer!

Reviewed July 11, 2018

Very low-key and relaxing vibe and great drink prices in a town where you normally pay upwards of $13 for a vodka soda. Great for a night out or to watch a spots game!

Reviewed July 5, 2018

I sat out at the back bar the other evening, which was pretty empty. The male bartender from the inside bar came out to chat with the female bartender who was working the outdoor bar, only to spit on three different occasions into a tall garbage bin at the bar. 3 times he leaned over and spat during his conversation with his colleague. Right in front of me.
Very disgusting if you ask me.

Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

This time of year they just don’t care about good food or good service, They have customers waiting to take your table.

Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

Friend and I dined here about 4:00 on a Thursday, early June. We pretty much owned the dining room—- only people there. Although the bar was busy far away from us. Attentive waitperson who overused the word “absolutely” but that is a very minor issue. Two of us had salads mine was a very tasty tuna with wasabi dressing. His was a steak salad. Bill came to a reasonable $40.00. Would recommend.

Date of visit: June 2018