Jamesport Bay Suites
Hyatt Place Long Island East End(Riverhead)(Great Value!)
$251
$239
Hyatt.com
$329
$129
$116
Bowen's by the Bays(Hampton Bays)(Great Value!)
$249
  • Pool
Bayview Resort(Hampton Bays)(Great Value!)
$195
Colonial Shores Resort(Hampton Bays)(Great Value!)
$199
$165
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express East End(Riverhead)(Great Value!)
$196
$182
Greenview Inn(Riverhead)
$79
The Drake Inn(Hampton Bays)(Great Value!)
$280
  • Pool
All reviewsclean beachgreat place to staymanager suebedroomwineriesrenovation
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Vintage 1970. Nothing is new and clean about this motel. We stayed there for a few nights thinking it would be a great escape and getaway for the whole family. Not really. The room had a funky, mildew smell and the ac hardly worked. The beds might also be 40 years old. We couldn't get a good night sleep. We will not be going back to this one.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Nopatients
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at Motel On The Bay 9/21 - 9/23. The view was incredible, literally ON the bay. we had a 1 bedroom with an eat-in-kitchen and living room. There was a nice patio with furniture so we could sit and soak up the sun. The entire space just needed updating. Beds were not comfortable and things seeemed very dated. The staff was very nice and the restaurant was yummy.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank snix25
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is a motel. It smells like stale smoke (someone has smoked in that room before - or it could be just the smell of the office / manager's apartment- she's a major smoker). The mattresses are very uncomfortable. The rooms are just plain old shabby (not chic). It needs a major overhaul - kitchen, bath, everything.

Location, however, is terrific. It has a beautiful beach and view of the Bay and is close to wineries, restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank LynBaran
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Before anything else, anyone planning on staying here needs to know that many of these units are co-ops. What that means is, you are staying in someone else's run down quarters with outdated furniture, appliances, etc.. You will feel as if you stepped back into the 70's and believe me the bed mattress felt as if it was that old! The floors are all tile and sandy from past guests. If you need to use a blow dryer on your hair, you must turn off the AC unit first or the circuit will overload and trip the breaker. I am not making this stuff up! This is not only an inconvenience but a serious safety code violation. I brought this up with Wendy at the office prior to departing but she didn't feel this was a big issue. To sum up, this place was probably very nice 20 years ago but the owners have elected not to update or renovate their property for whatever reason. For $235 a night I have come to expect a little more than a nice view with a small beachfront.

Room Tip: Ask if your room is a co-op
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SJKK77
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I hesitate to write this review, because now that I've experienced it, I don't want to share this special place with anyone. A freind of my recommended this place to us, so I'm going to pay it forward. We went this past weekend with our 5-year old son. In summary, my son cried, real tears, when it was time to go. I didn't want to go either. This place is not luxurious. This is no 4 star hotel. But, it is not a dive. It is clean. The woman at the front desk was very nice. The other guests at the hotel were very, very nice.

The apartment we stayed in was great. It had two bedrooms and two bathrooms (with bathtubs), an full eat-in kitchen (complete with pots and pans, cutlery and dishes, microwave, full-sized fridge, and a toaster), a living room with two big couches and a huge flat screen tv, and a fabulous, fabulous deck. Not a tiny balcony, a big, family-sized deck. The view was amazing from morning until night. I only have one complaint and that is that the bed in the master was uncomfortable. It was hard. But, I just made a mental note to pack some things that will easily alleviate that on the next trip.

The Peconic Bay is perfection for young people and/or non-smimmers (when the tide is low). You could go out for yards and yards and still be only waist deep in the water. We will be back again and again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family