“Good barbecue at great price”
Review of Iron Pig BBQ - CLOSED

Iron Pig BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Take out was our choice. Small dine-in area. No liquor license or BYOB. Good food though. REcommended.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Drove 25Mi to try this restaurant, what a let down. The reviews must be from family or friends trying to prop them up with reviews. No smoker? No good smoke smells? Ding Ding Ding, Run!

Thank Goodness they brought us samples. First time I got up and left a restaurant, I felt bad.

But they need to study the art, buy some smoking equipment (Millcreek) is a good start. If you overcook or undercook, buy a Bar-B-Que genie and use digital meat thermometers. You almost can't screw it up.
Liquid smoke is a cardinal sin and you can't fool a real Bar-B-Que expert.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

The food is amazing! The best BBQ that I have ever had. The portions are huge! The food is very reasonable too. The owner waited on us and was very nice and helpful. Wonderful place!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

First of all I'm a barbecue nerd. I've been practicing the art for more than 20 years and I have high expectations.. The place is small but charming and the staff is amazingly friendly and helpful. I ordered brisket and ribs and my meal was there very quickly. The food was cooked to temp perfectly the brisket was tender and the ribs were not fall off the bone but juicy and tender with a little bite as they are supposed to be. I only had two small issues. There was no detectable smoke flavor or smoke ring in either one of the meats. They also bill themselves as Memphis style which means no sauce on the ribs. This is fine but You could wipe off the rub that was on top of the ribs. It wasn't set properly. Other than that the place was fantastic. I would definitely go there again and I would recommend it.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

This place has awesome smoked bbq. Their sauce is fantastic too. Great service, great food, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. What more could you ask for?