“A nice (but pricey) breakfast.”

The Peppermill Family Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A casual family friendly restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Specializing in quality comfort foods, served by the friendliest wait staff in the area. A local favorite for over 25 years!
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We just had breakfast at the Peppermill Family Restaurant. I had a short stack of blueberry pancakes which were delicious, as well as hash browns which were also good, although reminiscent of McDonalds hash browns. The bacon was also tasty, but it's hard to screw up bacon.
My wife had scrambled eggs, toast and home fries. Like bacon, it's hard to screw up scrambled eggs but the home fries left my wife and I split. She said there was a strange spice and didn't like them. I tried them and I loved them. I still don 't know what the spice is but I thought it was good.
The check came out to about $28, which I thought was a little high for breakfast.
Oh, and right before we left, a family with kids sat down near us. One of the kids had a loose tooth and proceeded to try to pull it. He was waving his bloody napkin around, much to the delight of his family. I almost got sick. Not something I enjoy with breakfast, but of course, this wasn't the Peppermill's fault.

2  Thank John P

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We have been coming to this restaurant for years and can't say enough about it. The food is excellent, the prices and great and the service is incredible. It is family owned and run and you can tell they take pride in their restaurant. The wait/bus staff is so nice and takes the time to get to know you and looks after your every need. I can't say enough about this small town gem of a restaurant.

1  Thank Emt_264
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is just a simple family restaurant with great food and great service. We stopped for a late lunch and had a turkey club and a hot roast beef sandwich. What made the club was that it had real turkey and fresh tomatoes. The beef was tender, the mashed potatoes real and even the side veggies were great. Our waitress was attentive and I was really glad she talked me into have a piece of chocolate cream pie. So delicious, as was my husband's strawberry shortcake. Stop by sometime and enjoy this restaurant.

1  Thank Skiddie73
Reviewed May 28, 2013

You don't find many places that do calves liver properly, theirs was delicious! Recommended by our motel, good recommendation!

1  Thank Bill I
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I love going to the Peppermill for breakfast. They have a nice varied menu and good specials. I have only been to the Peppermill for dinner twice and each time it has been pretty good. I would recommend the Peppermill for anyone who is looking for a homestyle type meal for a good price.

1  Thank rockintrixi