“Some things never change and that's good”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Massie's

Massie's
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Rutland, Vermont
“Some things never change and that's good”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

When our kids were little, we used to come to Massie's regularly as the relatives had a place in Lake George. When the relatives sold that and moved away, we rarely headed this way. This year, we decided to return to Massie's for our anniversary dinner. Yes, the decor is dated, but that's part of the charm. The food, as always was well-portioned and delicious. If you enjoy Italian food, this is the place in the Lake George region. The best part? Our son called the restaurant from Massachusetts and paid for our meal. You should have seen the look on my wife's face when our server told her it was all taken care of! We would like to know, however, how he described us to the staff.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank MrBillinVT

Gansevoort, New York
“Food is pretty good but dated”
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

I had a good time at massies but the place needs to be updated badly. Service was ok but not great. Food is pretty good but can be hit and miss depending on the day.

• Visited October 2013
South Glens Falls, New York
“Great Family Restuarant / Great food / Great price”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Alwaya a favorite place for a weekly meal. It's a long time family business with very good food at a very reasonable price. Casual attire or anything you fancy,

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Michael F
Queensbury, New York
“Sadly, I think they are slipping”
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Went last New Year's Eve (as we have for over 25 years), and thought the food was not quite up to the high standards we have come to expect. We thought that anyone can have an off day, so we tried again tonight. Th food was still good, but not the excellence we expected.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank CoachP713
Pensacola, Florida
“Return to a Favorite Restaurant”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I was home for my 50th High School Reunion and had the opportunity to once again eat a Massie's for the first time in about 15 years. Massie's was a childhood favorite. I see not too much has changed over the years which I guess is both bad and good. The table jukebox players are still present and although they no longer function they are cool to see nonetheless.

I have read a few negative comments about Massie's but I must tell you I found none of them to be true based on my August 2, 2013 visit. Sure it was old and a lot of things visually have not changed but I saw nothing of dirt or terrible service or terrible food.

I enjoyed a memorable meal of Spaghetti and Meat Balls that was as excellent as ever! Additionally, my food server was very attentive and helpful. A very pleasant meal as always experienced in the past.

• Visited August 2013