“Not the same”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 14, 2012

This is the former Luce's which was owned by the same owners as Tombolino Yonkers. Luce's was a favorite, with real homestyle Italian specialties, but the new menu at mamma rosa is just not as good. Will try again in February.

3  Thank mytable42

Reviewed December 28, 2011

My family recently visited Mamma Rosa Ristorante - note it is Mamma with 2 m's. We were a party of five and everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals. My dad had the veal chop special which was superb. I had the spinach and walnut ravioli which was another good choice. The service was super and the owner/chef came out and asked how everything was. I noticed he greeted all the patrons making sure everyone was satisfied with the food and service. It is a nice extra to have the owner come around to make sure you are happy with your meal. I would recommend Mamma Rosa. My mom has been there for lunch as well and she raved about the food - and trust me she's fussy!

7  Thank travelmavenNewYork
Reviewed December 25, 2011

Although a good place, it is now taken over by Mama Rosa - which is excellent. See reviews for Mama Rosa.

1  Thank youngnancyny
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I have had your food numerous times when you had Onda Blu in Armonk and I worked down there. Now that I work and live close to Somers you are a welcome sight old friend. Food is delicious, always fresh and plentiful. We came for a big celebration dinner but will be back with my husband alone one night soon for a drink and quick bite. Welcome and glad to have you in the neighborhood!

5  Thank Ida M
Reviewed November 25, 2011

My Husband and I decided to try something a little special for lunch last week. Since I have retired we often go out for lunch instead of dinner. We went down the road in Somers to the new Mamma Rosa (formerly Luce ), I couldn't tell if the new owners redecorated since I was never in when it was Luce, but the entire place was beautiful. Tables are well spaced which was good since there was a crowd and more then half the tables were taken. Service was excellent with out being over powering. Many good choices for lunch specials plus a nicely priced lunch menu. We had a shared appetizer, lobster ravioli and mushroom ravioli plus 2 drinks and the bill came to about $40. Maybe a bit pricey for an everyday lunch, but what a nice treat for a special day. The food and service was so good . We will certainly be back for dinner ( we like to support local) - maybe for my husbands birthday in December.

11  Thank youngnancyny