“Great Experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sodus Point
Carriage House Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Sodus Point B&B and Inns
Kansas
“Great Experience”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We made a trip back to the area with our 16 year old son. He was interested in seeing the area where he was born. It had been several years so we also decided to take in some other sites. Sodus Point is a short drive to Watkins Glenn as well as Niagra Falls. The Carriage House Inn is (literally) a stones throw from Lake Ontario and is on some beautiful property. We walked on the beach down to the light house on the break water one evening, it was a pleasant walk and the first time for us to be at Lake Ontario. The rooms and the inn were very well kept and comfortable. Jerry and Claudine are wonderful host and make everyone feel extremely welcome and at home. We stayed for three nights and the breakfast menu was different each morning. The baked French toast and the fruit medley are the best, Jerry makes great coffee and he does not let your cup go empty. We have already talked about a return trip and we will definitely stay with Jerry and Claudine again at their wonderful place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kansas552

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Tioga, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Beautiful rooms with private baths. Immaculately clean, beautiful linens with pillows like clouds. Wonderful host and hostess. Not only were there delicious breakfasts but hot drinks and freshly baked cookes available all day. A refrigerator with water bottles for the guests and also to use if needed. Very scenic location with Lake Ontario and the Lighthouse museum a short walk away. I would give a stay here as a special anniversary gift. There is even a downstairs bedroom for those who might have trouble with the stairs.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Peggy M
Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I and our 15 month old son had never stayed at a bed and breakfast before. but had visited Sodus Point a few times.found this B&B online and thought it was quant.My husband booked a room for the weekend without me knowing,we got there and met Jerry and Claudine and they were very friendly and respectful.looked at a couple rooms they were beautiful rooms and very tidy.Looking online I saw a room and my heart was set on it,minutes we had that room.it was so comfortable and Jerry and Claudine were the best of hosts,the breakfast was amazing and they had a high chair for our son.And who can forget the beyond amazing view of Lake Ontario from our room.I loved it there couldnt ask for a better Mother's Day gift!Counting the days until we come back.Thank you Jerry and Claudine for a very pleasant first time bed and breakfast experience!!!!

• Stayed May 2012
Washington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 12, 2012

The Carriage House Inn B&B is heavenly. The hosts are charming, the house is truly lovely, cozy and immaculately clean, and the breakfasts delicious with a new menu every morning. I've never been so pampered or felt so comfortable staying at a bed and breakfast. The house is located a few steps from Lake Ontario and a beautiful park. I walked 15 minutes along the lake to a lighthouse to watch stunning sunsets over the water, and several mornings, the sunrise. The village, Sodus Point, NY, has half a dozen restaurants for lunch and dinner (I liked Captain Jack's, which reminded me of a British pub with its decor, friendliness and excellent fish and chips as well as other entrees). The only problem with the Carriage House was that after four nights (March 4-8, 2012), I did not want to go home. (PS, the complaints below were made prior to the new owners and are no longer valid!)

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any room.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank mary2753922
Corning, New York
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Went to the Carriage House Inn for a little weekend get-away. It was my first time staying at a B&B. I wasn't disappointed. The owners, Jerry and Claudine, were both very nice and made us feel at home. The scenery was beautiful. It is so peaceful there. We are already planning on going again next year.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed August 14, 2011

My husband and I went with trepidation for a return stay at the Carriage House Inn when nothing else was available while we visited friends who were sailing in the area. We had not had a pleasant experience on our last stay at this B and B, and were delighted to find that this lovely inn is under new ownership. Jerry and Claudine had just taken over and made us feel like we were at home. We enjoyed great visits and chats with this lovely couple. The breakfasts were fabulous...best French toast I have ever had. My coffee cup was never empty and they could not do enough to make our stay enjoyable. I give them 5 stars. Lucia Sleight, Buffalo, New York

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lucia154
Winter Haven
Reviewed June 2, 2011

The Carriage House is the Best place to stay in Sodus Point! I've stayed there many times, it's comfortable, relaxing and the owners are the Nicest people in the World! Going again this month and can't wait!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Bev9494
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sodus Point
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Webster
Hampton Inn Rochester Webster
Maxwell Creek Inn Bed & Breakfast

Been to Carriage House Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!