“Waste of a great view”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Here sits this restaurant with this amazing view. We walk in no one says hi. no one really even acknowledges that you exist. We walk upstairs, no one says anything. We come back downstairs and finally someone says something. There are three adults and three toddlers (two and a half years old- triplets) in our party.

We order drinks and a crab dip with a caprese salad. 7 minutes later our drinks come. We ask the server for crackers for the girls as they are near meltdown mode (our bad for not thinking to bring any). Spur of the moment trip.

She brings the crackers rather quickly. Our crab dip arrives 22 minutes later. The server says the caprese salad will be out shortly. For real?? Cutting tomatoes and mozzarella cannot be done in 22 minutes... I digress. the salad arrives 6 minutes later.

Upstairs there are 7 tables, downstairs there are 15 tables outside and not a soul in the place inside.

Crab dip had no crab in it. Tasted more like a buffalo wing dip. When I asked server she said it was spiced as a buffalo wing dip but yes there was crab in it.

Caprese salad was good. Tomatoes were a little thin. A little see through

We ordered 3 seafood baskets and 2 kids meals for the girls to spilt.

Haddock was delicious in the basket, Scallops were tasty but the shrimp were completely overcooked. The cocktail sauce to dip in was still frozen.

It just sucks.. Here it is a girls day out, beautiful view and lunch sucks... took forever to get. And we are not talking it was cheap. It was not super expensive but still we drove 45 minutes to have lunch in Sodus Point, chose this place. Blew almost $100 and left with a bad taste in my mouth.

2  Thank LovetoexploreNewYork

Reviewed August 26, 2013

the view of the bay was wonderful, the food was delicious (even if they didn't have the hoped-for perch) and the boats were fun to look at until they started up - right as our food was served! LOL one forgets these fine details when the place has such an appealing setting. And it is! Waitress who's name I can't remember was delightful and served cheerfully.

1  Thank R H
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Often out of menu items such as steamed clams, or certain kinds of beer. Service can be spotty--not enough wait staff at times. Great location and facility.

1  Thank Clawboot
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I like visiting here by car and by boat. If you come in by boat, the owner personally assists with tying the boat up to the dock which is always a HUGE plus!

Outdoor seating is awesome with a great view of the lake, sandbar and bay.

Food is relatively good depending on what you like. (I'm not a fish eater and that seems to be what everyone likes the best!) The service is pretty good and if you by chance get stuck eating indoors, the ambiance is still quite pleasant.

After dinner head upstairs to the covered open air deck for live music all weekend long! Of all the places in Sodus Point.... this one is my favorite.

Enjoy!

1  Thank slk1692
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My husband and I just moved to Upstate NY and decided to take a little drive along Lake Ontario and ended up at Sodus Bay and had a nice lunch on the deck at Abe's. We had the BEST burgers!! Mine was a bacon and guacamole burger with cheese. At first I thought they forgot the guacamole but it was all encased in the melted cheese....and the bacon was crisp. Also enjoyed the sweet potato fries and lemonade. My husband got the bacon cheeseburger with regular fries and lemonade and loved it. The service was awesome. It was a great day to spend right on the little harbor watching the boats come and go. We will go again.

2  Thank dpditto