“Repeatedly underwhelmed” 1 of 5 bubbles

Millennium Diner
Ranked #46 of 101 Restaurants in Smithtown
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Long Island
“Repeatedly underwhelmed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We had visitors from abroad and within a 2 weeks span we visited many eateries on Long Island, to give them a taste of every-day life. We had no disappointments but for the Millenium Diner. It should have been a simple breakfast, which diners like this do pretty well. The potatoes were burned charcoal black and the toast was so cold the butter just sat there. We showed the potatoes to the maitresse-d' who simply said they would get us new potatoes. When the new potatoes arrived, the eggs were cold and to our chagrin, the potatoes were still charcoal black, only this time they flipped them upside down so that we couldn't see it at first glance.
I have been to this diner several times before and should have known better.

• Visited October 2012

Smithtown, New York
“Uneven Food But Getting Better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

This place is so close to my job that I eat here frequently. In trying to reconcile what I saw in prior reviews, I can only conclude that they had a really bad cook and now that cook is gone (or learned how to cook). This place serves (and I have no complaint about the servers who occasionally can be overwhelmed by the crowd) typical diner food. By that I mean nothing special. What this diner lacks is a signature food, like a killer reuben or gyro or pastrami sandwich. Yes, stick with the burger, but better still eat breakfast there - even they cannot screw this up.

• Visited August 2012
New York City, New York
“Stick to Burgers”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

Went last evening and had a seafood dish while my wife had a panini. Seafood was pretty tasteless andthe baked potato looked like it had been cooked hours if not the day before. The panini was also lacking in any seasoning.

Service was fine but this is a place for breakfast fare or burgers.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Long Island City, New York
“A tasteless experience!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

My son was asking to go to the diner for a few weeks when we decided to go to the one in town. What a mistake, I had never felt so taken! My wife, son and I went in for lunch during mid-week. The food was TASTELESS and expensive...over $70. for 3 lunches and 4 sodas. The person that sat us was miserable and the service jumbled. Do not waste your money, go to any of the local taverns or restaurants surrounding the Millenium Diner and have a wonderful meal served to you by happy wait staff

• Visited April 2012
Wimberley, Texas
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

The corned beef sandwich could have been less dry. The French fries were too greasy and not very good. Service was OK. A disappointing diner.

• Visited April 2012