“Consistently bad service”

Cuisines: American
New York
“Consistently bad service”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

. I never actually thought I would be writing about a dining experience but I felt there is no choice. I am a private detective in NY and I get to eat out allot. Some good some bad and this one well worth writing about. The Millennium Diner in Smithtown NY has come to mean bad attitude and service to me. My companion eats there regularly on Thursdays for corned beef and cabbage and swears never to have had a problem. Me on the other hand have been there four times in the past two years each time ordering different items and each time they get it wrong. 8/6/2011 was the culmination of these events. I ordered a simple Ice tea unsweetened with lemon and lime. The waiter who spoke little English brought me my drink. one taste and I knew it was sweetened. I called him back over and advised him of this he denied it being sweetened I showed him the residue on the bottom of the tea from sweetening and he finally admitted that it was because he brought me a half tea half lemonade He got angry when I told him that was not what I ordered and asked him to get me what I had ordered. The word "Whatever" followed as he walked away. I then asked for a different server and when I explained why to the manager I was told "I cant believe you are making such a big deal over an ice tea. He made a mistake and no one is perfect you should learn that." There was no sign of any apology except for I'm sorry but no one is perfect. I felt my anger grow and I realized the best thing to do is leave. I asked for my check paid for my companion's meal and left. Now maybe I am over reacting over the ice tea but as I said four times in two years they get it wrong with me and then have the same "Whoops no body is perfect" attitude I felt enough is enough. After all I work hard for my money and I am a firm believer that I should get the service and food that I pay for and if a mistake is made then they should do what is necessary to make it right.

I am not going back to the Millennium diner and I recommend that anyone who does not want a dining experience ruined by this type of attitude avoid them as well.

M. Salberg

SPFI Investigations

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank MJS817

ft lauderdale, FL
“THIS DIDN'T EVEN TASTE LIKE REAL FOOD - HORRIBLE”
Reviewed October 27, 2010

As soon as I tasted the matzoh balls in the matzoh ball soup I knew it was going to be a terrible meal. They were tasteless, the soup was tasteless, and the dumplings themselves were loose and watery. My husband's seafood soup was thick and goopy, probably from tons of cornstarch. It was a fowl pink color. Our home baked ham (which should have been listed as pork as it did not resemble or taste like ham) was dry and tasteless. Couldn't even chew it. Had to eat the pieces that were laying directly on the stuffing which made the meat moist. The stuffing was terrible. It has raisins in it. It was so sweet we couldn't eat it. We left the entire meal. We spent $31.33 (including a $5 tip) for an atrocious meal. What a waste of money. Next time I visit Long Island, I plan to eat at Burger King and fast food and chain restaurants joints because our Long Island experience was terrible regarding food.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook