“Don't bother with the new ownership....”

Nick's Pizza and Clam Bar
Ranked #29 of 101 Restaurants in Smithtown
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed April 4, 2011

Went on the third say it was open this season. SOOOOOO disappointed. Not the same as last year at all... I discovered they are under new ownership, and do I have a few choice words for this new owner.

I'll start with the positives. The buffalo wings are still good; but really, it's difficult to screw them up. The atmosphere is a little nicer; the paint, wood floors refinished, outdoor eating is updated. The service and employees were nice... to my face....

Which brings me to the negative. The employees were deceiving! The chef and the owner took out the pizza I had ordered. I got there early so I was watching them. I saw them examining it so I assumed the chef was teaching the owner something, or vice versa. They gave me the pizza box and wings, smiled, and I left. I came home, we opened the box, TERRIBLE. The UGLIEST pizza I have ever seen. There were holes the size of quarters, and an 8" cut/slice. To make it worse, not only did they give me an awful pizza, they knew they did, and tried to cover it up with MORE CHEESE. However, the cheese was too fresh on the pizza and still white; clearly they tried to cover their mistake. The appearance was so bad, it turned me off from trying it. I eventually did and it was ok. But they are sneaky! $4.00 for extra cheese and the total cheese on it was not even that of a regular pizza, nevermind EXTRA. Rip Off!!

Overall, the new owners have a thing, or 12, to learn about pleasing their customers enough to have them return. I live 2 streets from Nick's and will not go again in 2011.

AWFUL! Sneaky, deceitful, deceptive, overpriced, and just not what it used to be. Don't even bother this year.

3  Thank llm413
There are newer reviews for Nick's Pizza and Clam Bar

Reviewed March 21, 2011

We love the food, and can't wait for the patio to open each year. One of our favorite local places for seafood and pizza. Nothing fancy, just good food.

Reviewed October 19, 2010

Nick’s Pizza and Clam Bar. (and so much more)
We were visiting Long Island and this great place was recommended to us early in our trip. We tried it once and then just kept going back. It has a huge menu so adults and kids can go to the same place and everyone can have what they want. We tried different things each time we were there and were always pleased. The service was good too and if you get there when Laura is there, (one of the new owners) you’ll leave feeling like you’re a VIP.

Reviewed October 17, 2009

Another sea food shack on 25A like The Shack in Centerport but this one offers pizza and is much worse. The staff was rude and the food was gross. The fried shrimp platter was greasy and plain and the pizza is disgusting. What a rip off too!