“HOOKED on CREPES!”

Ranked #30 of 101 Restaurants in Smithtown
Stamford, Connecticut, United States
“HOOKED on CREPES!”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I had never eaten a crepe before visiting Crazy Crepe Cafe, so unfortunately I do not having anything to compare my experience to; however, the crepe I had here was DELICIOUS! This place opened my eyes to the possibilities of crepe types, from sweet to savory- the menu is diverse. They even serve traditional waffles with a twist! My table ordered a variety of crepes, all which were sweet. I ordered the Nutella crepe with strawberries and blueberries (instead of bananas). I mentioned "light" on the Nutella which I am glad I did because I still thought it was very sweet; however not overbearing. Nite that they do top off the crepe with chocolate sauce (which I omitted), powdered sugar, and whipped cream. I thought that even though the cafe was small, they brought the food around to your table. Even though the crepes were kind of pricy, it filled me up and you could tell all of the ingredients were FRESH! The only thing I would commit about is the coffee and water station. The regular coffee was all out when we got there and it took them forever to make more. I wish there set up was a little different; however, overall an OUT OF THIS WORLD, cute breakfast place and would definitely revisit!

• Visited March 2014

Commack, New York
“Great spot for breakfast/lunch - Who doesn't love a crepe?!!”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I have a thing for crepes and couldn't believe my eyes upon moving back to the area after 20 years. CREPES! Great place and a HUGE variety! Bring the family! This is my new spot for sure! They have 2 other locations besides this one Selden and Lake Ronkonkoma. I had the crepe with Nutella and bananas..it was amazing! Check it out, you won't be sorry. It's a bit on the pricey side, but it's all specialty stuff so it's worth it! Clean and neat location!

• Visited March 2014
Smithtown, New York
“Not too crazy about the crepe”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

The place is tiny; but we were able to snag one of the tables. We all ordered something different. I would stay away from the sweet crepes. I ordered an apple filled crepe, expecting it to have fresh apples. Instead it had some sort of gooey apple pie filling. I had to scrape out the filling. It was gross and overly sweet. My family members on the other hand had breakfast crepes. My husband's assessment of his breakfast crepe, "It was alright...it wasn't anything great." That about sums it up and why we're not Crazy for the Crepe.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank susi37
Hauppauge, New York
“Delish!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This is a small place with no romance or ambiance, but the food is delicious! The crepes are quite large so sharing a savory crepe and a sweet crepe with a friend was perfect for lunch. There are plenty of crepe choices to pick from - be daring!

• Visited August 2013