“Great Sushi”

Description: telephone 631-979-0697
St. James NY
“Great Sushi”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

My Husband and I basically dine at Aji 53 on the regular. The fish is super fresh the service is great and its not terribly expensive. The place also has a very cool and trendy atmosphere which is fun. I would highly recommend this place to anyone and if you do go the rock shrimp is a great appetizer!

• Visited March 2013

“Phenomenal Sushi; Best waitress ever!”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The sushi is consistently fresh and delicious. It is presented with care and finesse. On our most recent visit we had the best server we have ever had at any sushi restaurant - Maggie. Wonderful personality and perfect service. We can't wait to go back. If you are looking for beautifully presented, very fresh and delicious sushi, you won't be disappointed. Ask for Maggie as your server!

Smithtown, New York
“Nervous about Sushi? Come here to ease your nerves!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I must admit, I'm nervous about Sushi. I had a couple of bad experiences in my youth and I've avoided eating it like the plague. I was outvoted by a group of co-workers to come here and I figured I could always eat the tempura to "be safe."

Thankfully, a co-worker of mine told me to trust him and let him order. I re-iterated that I didn't want to eat anything that wasn't cooked....again, I was told to trust him.

First dish to hit the table, Spicy Tuna Sashimi, which is sliced tuna, and yes, it's raw, with jalapenos. Everybody except me tried it....everyone ranted and raved....I popped one in my mouth and was suprised as how incredibly delicious it was. I ate two!

Then, the signature rolls made their way out. Valentine roll, Snowflake roll, Paradise roll, Twister roll, and a salmon roll. Two of these are "cooked," but I didn't care anymore. Every single one of these that I tried was absolutely delicious. In an instant, Aji 53 has become one of my favorite restaurants and I'm already chomping at the bit to get back.

Oh, the ambiance, at least on a Thursday night at 9pm was fairly quiet. The staff is incredibly attentive and helpful and make you feel like you're definitely a VIP.

Highly recommended, especially if you're nervous about enjoying a sushi experience. This place will convert you immediately.

• Visited December 2012
Plainview, New York
“Posh Sushi”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I thought the fish was very fresh. The presentation unique and service very good. We shared the daily catch; it was a golden snapper. The special was served sashimi style with the carcass wedged up on a plate of ice and the chuncks of fish scattered around the plate uniquely served. The rolls are reasonable, but overall a bit expensive. Judging by the incredible ambience and the amount of money spent on decor it can easliy be justified. The lighting was a bit too dim to read the menus.

• Visited November 2012
“Good food, city atmosphere, surprisingly delicious desserts!”
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

I really enjoy their fresh sushi and the fun atmosphere. The prices seem about right for the food and service. The desserts are so delicious. Not what you might expect from a Japanese restaurant. My only and biggest complaint about this place is that the hostess walks around in a skirt way too small for her and she looked about 15 years old. Totally unnecessary.

1 Thank Lizzy_sima