“For special occasions”

Insignia Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Insignia Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 101 Restaurants in Smithtown
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Lake Ronkonkoma, New York
“For special occasions”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband and I went there last week for our anniversary. The atmosphere was very lovely. The wait staff was very friendly, accommodating and knowledgeable. The food was good but not great. We both ordered steak dishes. I have had better steak dishes at other restaurants. It was pricey, but we were expecting that. I would recommend this restaurant for special occasions only if you want atmosphere. If you are looking for great food, I would go elsewhere.

Deerfield Beach, Florida
“Excellent Dining Experience!”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

When you make a decision to express Love and appreciation to the woman that you are with, you want that expression to reflect special care--with warmth and attention to detail...One of the few dining establishments on Long Island to go to would be Insignia. Sunday is a day of choice because they feature a fabulous Surf and Turf Dinner for Two--that includes great service, for starters, your choice of any two Salads between Insignia Salad, or Caesar Salad, with spicy tuna roll, tomato and mozzarella. The Entrée is a delicious 16 ounce Filet Mignon, sliced in its own Pot, and a very fresh two pound Lobster--both well prepared. You also receive any two of the
following Sides: Mashed Potato, Baked Potato, Creamed Spinach and Grilled Asparagus. We chose the Baked Potato and the Asparagus--and they were prepared perfectly. For Dessert, you can choose any two of the following: cheese cake (which we did and it was terrific), Haagen Dazs Ice Cream, Chocolate Mousse Cake, or Sorbet. This is not a cheap dining experience, as your tab for this including Tax and tip will probably be right at $150.00. Worth every penny!!!

2 Thank Gary J
“Great ambiance”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We ate here last night with another couple and had a great dinner. The restaurant is large and has a great bar scene and area. There are also couches where you can lounge and have a drink before/after dinner. We ordered sushi, fillet and salads. Everyone enjoyed their meal. For sides we ordered the mac n cheese with lobster (yum!), the artichokes and baked potatoes. Everyone was happy with these choices. I would have liked to see at least one vegetarian option- I know its a steak house but when one person out of the group doesn't eat meat it is difficult. The waitstaff was courteous, attentive and helpful;. Will definitely recommend and will go again. It is a fancy place so dress accordingly and it is pricey $$$.

1 Thank Adriana M
Auburn, California, United States
“Great Food, Good Service”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Took family here for dinner on a recent trip to New York. Found the service to be quite good and the food was excellent. Portions were more than adequate; food preparation and presentation was excellent. Had the porterhouse veal chop and was very pleased with it, however it was more than I could eat. Dinner for 6 adults and one child, including premium wine ( 2 bottles), appetizers, entrees, dessert, premium cigars for the men (3) and after dinner port (3) ran $1200.00 with tip which I felt was a reasonable price to pay for what we received. The wait staff was very attentive even though the restaurant was quite crowded at the time. Due to the crowd it was somewhat noisy, but not at an unacceptable level. The restaurant itself was a very beautiful setting.

• Visited September 2013
“excellent place with a few bumps along the way”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I really liked this place the atmosphere was amazing the staff was on top of their game. my only complaints the whole night was that the sushi needed to be rolled tighter but it was amazing the taste. my steak was cooked a little more than it should have been ,i also found coffee grinds in my coffee but I never complained about any of it. I think they would have made it alright if I did. overall I think the place is excellent I think the food is priced right but I think the drinks are overpriced.

• Visited August 2013