“Great for a special occasion”

Insignia Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Insignia Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 101 Restaurants in Smithtown
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Went here last week for our anniversary and it is really nice! The interior design is beautiful and the food was great. They also have an excellent wine selection. It is on the pricier side, but we went on a Tuesday night and they had a special. (Steak dinner for two, with choice of 2 appetizers/soup/salad, type of steak, side- creamed spinach was delicious!- and choice of 2 desserts for $99) we thought this was expensive, but it was really yummy and we thought worth it for a special occasion. Regular prices are even more. everything normally is a le carte. They also offer an iPad as a cocktail menu which we saw others get and use and thought that was a fun touch. Also the birthday surprises we saw people get we're great! Overall, we enjoyed our evening out and had a great dinner. It was very good!

There are newer reviews for Insignia Steakhouse

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Had a business dinner for 6 on a Monday night. Valet parking was only option, which i found odd for a Monday night. I suspect it was to se the mood for the upscale presentation the restaurant is going for. We all had cocktails in the bar prior to dinner and the hostess held our table to allow for that. The cocktail menu was inventive and had a fun selection for those among us who prefer their drinks on the girly-side. The dining room is very sleek and contemporary. The wait staff was very good as well. Attentive, polite and well-informed. I chose the last bottle of a petite syrah on the menu and was informed of that prior to it being brought to table, which i though was a nice touch. The wine menu had a good selection of price points available that included local LI vineyards.

Dinner was nice with some outstanding appetizer specials. We ordered 2 sushi rolls which were very tasty and impecably presented. Nearly the whole party ordered steak with ala cart sides. I ordered the baked stuff shrip which was verty, very overcooked. Although I didn't complain about it, the waitress asked while clearing the plate and removed it from our tab without request. A very classy touch.

The noise level was energetic, but we were still able to discuss business at a high level. Often steak houses are so loud you can only hear the person sitting next to you. This was much appreciated.

There seemed to be a large cross-section of customers. Romantic dates, families, celebrations and business dinners were all equally represented. I am not from this area, so I could be off base completely but the sushi pricing was very high. The quality was very high and I know you pay for that as well...but rolls averaged $20+. Steaks were priced equally high in my opinion. Just a disclaimer so that you are not surprised by the bill.

All in all a wonderful expereince. I would visit again for business or a special occasion and would recommend to others without hesitation.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

My son-in-law hosted a surprise 50th birthday party for my daughter on a Sunday afternoon for 40 + guests, many of whom had never been to Insignia but who dine out frequently.From our first minute entering the restaurant , the service was welcoming and attentive. We had a large private room with a large well appointed outdoor patio area for the cocktail hour with delicious and plentiful appetizers. We had the TVs in the adjacent area playing a slideshow with music that my grandchildren had made .Dinner excellent and servers friendly and commended by the partygoers. We definitely intend to return to Insignia and would recommend it especially to celebrate a special event. Helene W.

1  Thank 211,730
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We came here for my mother's birthday. We went early on a Monday evening and had a well behaved 8 year old with us. The food was well above average, and the staff was great. They gave everyone equal attention- including the 8 year old. I do not enjoy steak, but everyone else at the table had steak and loved it. I had the scallops and was not disappointed. I assume this place gets very crowded and I am not sure if the service suffers as the restaurant fills up, but we had a great experience.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

One member in party had a Prime Rib on the bone was 95% FAT and another party member had one that was perfect with much less fat. When our party told Ameer the General Manager, he said this is the way it is and cant do nothing about it! He didnt offer to replace it with a new one. He is the worst General Manager we ever seen at a restaurant. He wasn't nice at ALL! He was VERY DIFFICULT. Even the waitress tried to replace it and the General Manager didn't allow it. We asked for our check and will never come back.