“No Need To Eat Before”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Luso's is a family favorite. You'll eat until you drop without dropping all your cash. Friendly staff who aim to please. Only downside is I wish fewer people knew about it or that we were hungry earlier. Crowds can get large some time, but worth the wait.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Recently went to the new Luso location. They moved down the road to a larger location which they defintiely needed. I have been to the old location about a dozen times and was always impressed with everyhting.

Food was great as always, but the service appeared confused, unattentive and slow. Perhaps they are getting used to the new location? We won't be back for quite a while.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Me living in Smithtown was told by my friend and coworkers how Luso in Smithtown was a place to go, and the all you can eat and the service was out of this world.So me and my wife went Saturday and ordered the all you can eat and the supposed to be great sangria wine they serve,What a disappointment first the waitress who was the only good service we had, came and we ordered the sparkle red sangria wine that was bad, tasted like bubble gum in water and the all you can eat..The first was the BIG SALAD they gave you with 'ALLOT OF BREAD' then came the 'BIG PLATE OF FRENCH FRIES' AND ANOTHER' BIG PLATE OF POTATO FRIES' and then a 'BIG PLATE OF PA FAY RICE'guess they have to stuff you with the cheap stuff before the meat comes and that was noting to talk about o yea had to wait 30minutes for the next piece of meat to come..ask for my Bill couldn't wait any more especially when the waitress ask him 6 time that we are waiting..Owner apologize and said dinner next week is on her.Said No Way never coming back..To Much Hype for this place...

5  Thank Joe E
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We enjoyed going to the old location for Luso and always enjoyed everything. Unfortunately, the food has changed with the location. I don't know what it is, the chef? or the ingredients, but it is not good anymore. For one thing the chicken used to be crispy and tender, and last night it was soggy and stringy. I think they are using larger chickens which would make the chicken stringy. We won't be visiting this place anymore for awhile. We are very disappointed because we used to love it and looked forward to dining there.

1  Thank shaney123
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Typical of this style of restaurant, the varieties of meat are plentiful, and the staff is attentive. I've been there twice, and had a pleasant experience each time.