“Better Before”

Dining options: Reservations
Smithtown, NY
“Better Before”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We enjoyed going to the old location for Luso and always enjoyed everything. Unfortunately, the food has changed with the location. I don't know what it is, the chef? or the ingredients, but it is not good anymore. For one thing the chicken used to be crispy and tender, and last night it was soggy and stringy. I think they are using larger chickens which would make the chicken stringy. We won't be visiting this place anymore for awhile. We are very disappointed because we used to love it and looked forward to dining there.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank shaney123

Smithtown, New York
“Nice Experience”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Typical of this style of restaurant, the varieties of meat are plentiful, and the staff is attentive. I've been there twice, and had a pleasant experience each time.

• Visited May 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Give them some time before you go to the new location”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Not sure if they did but it sure felt like it that they had the same amount of staff that ran the old place we where a party of six we where their for 3 1/2 hours we asked for the same things5 times (beans, fries, rice, hot oil) they eeventually showed up our food didn't come for over an hour after we ordered it I would give it some time for them to work out the kinks before you try the new lusos

1 Thank mbkvr
Dix Hills, New York
“Wonderful Food & Service.........”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Went to Luso's with my entire family (14 of us).....Everyone was very pleased with the Food and Service! Luso's is one of our favorites!

• Visited January 2013
Smithtown, New York
“Great service Great Food, Awesome Sangria”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We come here about once every two months. First the Sangria is excellent you have to try it when you go. I am not even really a wine drinker but I really do enjoy it. The food is excellent and the portions are huge!! Every meal in addition to what you order, you get a family style portion of homemade french fries, homemade potato chips, rice and a vegetable dish on the table. The staff is very professional and the price is pretty reasonable for what you are getting. The restaurant is kind of small so seating is a bit tight. However the atmosphere is pleasant and cozy.
I would highly recommend it for a date night or out with friends. Not sure if I would bring little kids or not...not sure if they have a kids menu although I have seen kids in there from time to time.

Visited December 2012