“Nice Prelude to a Show”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Maple Avenue
Reviewed June 4, 2019

This was a return visit to the Thai House for my wife and I, and we brought friends along with us this time. They were in the mood for Chinese food, but I assured them that they would like this alternative. The menu was varied and creative and reasonably priced. We all had different specialties after an appetizer sampler platter, and even the presentation of some of the dishes was superb. I'll make this restaurant a regular stop when going to the Smithtown Theater for a show and am confident that even my most discerning friends will be well pleased with the experience.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed March 27, 2019

My family and I visited this restaurant again last night. We truly enjoy this cozy place where customers can have a delicious meal without spending too much money. The restaurant serves familiar Thai dishes, and prepares them well. The food is fresh, interestingly flavored, and cooked in right temperature. In the restaurant is a small bar. I think Thai beer and Grey Goose Martini go well with Thai food. The best part is the waitresses who are always pleasant, courteous and attentive. On weekend evenings the place tends to be very crowded. It is restaurants like this that keep the downtown area of a small town lively and make you feel intimate.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed October 17, 2018

Lovely dining experience at the Thai House. Although we did not have reservations and the restaurant was virtually full, we were promptly seated. The service was consistently friendly and professional throughout the evening. The food was delicious and not overly spicy. The chicken lettuce wrap appetizer was yummy.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 16, 2018

This was our third visit here - with 6pm reservations on a Saturday night. The place is tiny (some might say “cozy”), and parking is a challenge.
1) Server took our drink order, but forgot the request to bring extra ice.
2) One of our choices of appetizer was unavailable (so early???)
3) Our meals weren’t served hot - although I sent my sliced beef back, rather than re-do the order, the meat was returned to me with the explanation that heating it would only cook it more than I wanted.
4) Server never asked if we wanted more drinks.

‘Nuf said.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 5, 2018

This is by far the best restaurant around. The food is amazing! The staff is so nice too. The wonton soup and walnut chicken is the best ever. It is hard to choose from the menu as everything is delicious.

Date of visit: August 2018