“Truly beautiful place!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stone Rose Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sloansville
Stone Rose Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Sloansville B&B and Inns
Fairfield
“Truly beautiful place!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed there the weekend of 11/9/13 (we had tickets to the Howe Caverns lantern tour about 15 min away) . This place is classic old school beautiful!! The inkeeper (Lynda) takes great pride in this place, as every corner from top to bottom is decorated and it's truly a sight to see. The breakfasts (complimentary also!) should have been displayed in culinary magazines, and were delicious. She and her mom are very down to earth, kind and happy ladies, and they were also a pleasure to talk to. I can't truly do this place justice with my words, you absolutely get your money's worth and more. STAY AT THIS PLACE, you will not be disappointed.. :) :)

Room Tip: There are only two rooms here, one great for a couple, the other for a family (it was a multi-room s...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Cary, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

I am a lover of B&B's, my husband not so much. He always thought of them as too frilly, but somehow I convinced him to give this one a try. We stayed in the suite and we found it to be the best of both worlds. The room was luxurious and spacious, but not overly feminine. Each morning we were greeted by the Inn Keeper Lynda who provided us with an amazing breakfast that kept us full most of the day! After breakfast we enjoyed a beautiful walk on the immaculate grounds, which we learned is kept up by Lynda's 80 something year old mother!! The first night we were there we were treated to chocolates and a nice bottle of wine (it was a wedding anniversary and Lynda wanted to do something special for us)!!

My husband and I love visiting New York State in the fall. Being huge baseball fans, Cooperstown is always a priority on our list along with a couple of breweries that are along the way. Stone Rose is Central to Cooperstown and Saratoga, two must stops for anyone visiting NY State. It was so pleasing to find a B&B that both my husband and I loved, staying here is far more relaxing than staying in a hotel. You will leave here feeling truly relaxed and pampered!!

The only downside to staying here is that you will never want to leave!!

Room Tip: The suite is great for a couple, although I did peak in the garden room and would love to stay there...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I took my husband away for his birthday this year, looking for a beautiful place he could relax and rejuvenate. While he isn't picky, it takes a lot for him to actually exclaim about anything! We arrived near 8pm and were greeted by Lynda and Fran as welcome guests from the first moment, showered with attention - culminating that evening in a beautiful platter of cheese and delectables (banana bread to die for). The suite was cozy and well appointed, truly beautiful, with cherry floors and garden views. In the mornings I was able to sit in the most comfy lounge chair and watch deer drink from the pond, while sipping the coffee silently left outside our door. Cookies and fudge were available in the room....guilty pleasures we took advantage of. Breakfast was amazing - we chose from several options, and received many special touches. Lynda went out of her way more than once to make sure we had everything we could want and made a special effort to provide breakfasts a certain way, including fruit we requested but would have been fine without - and even provided my husband with a birthday cake. It was so thoughtful - made his morning. I really wanted a place that was far enough out that it was surrounded by beauty, but still close to 'attractions'. This was perfect.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Washington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

We received a very warm and friendly welcome from Lynda and Fran on arriving, but then it became even better as our room was beautifully decorated,comfortable and clean. There was an extensive menu for breakfast and it was expertly prepared and delicious. Our hosts had knowledge and history of the area. We had a substantial evening treat, for a stay that was the best B & B we have ever experienced.
Carl & Katherine M.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

We have traveled extensively through Asia, Europe and South America and really found this place to be home. We love coming to Stone Rose B&B. The vibe is a grand country estate with awesome food and grounds.

We love taking walks around the massive acres of property.
The victorian gardens are a beautiful botanical experience in the spring and summer time.

The key elements which make this accommodation amazing are the hospitality, decor, housekeeping, value, setting and delicious breakfasts.

The bed and rooms are exceptionally comfortable and immacatulcy clean.
There are also amazing restaurants within driving distance.

Here is what we have done on one of our many visits:
Cooperstown, Howe Caverns, Farmers Markets, Antiquing, Wine tasting & Horseback Riding.

I have recommended Stone Rose B&B to many of my friends and colleagues.

An A +++ experience!
You can expect the best!

Room Tip: The suite is a double room overlooking water feature.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Ballston Lake, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

"I was working in the area when I decided to stay at a nearby Bed and Breakfast. I'd like to share the magical morning I experienced at Stone Rose. As I descended the stairs, I could smell the aroma from Lynda's cooking for all her guests. She welcomed me into her kitchen. Lynda has a way of hers that makes you feel so special. She explained how she had cooked the salmon and asparagus. There was plenty of it if I was interested in adding it to my breakfast order. I did try the asparagus...it was delicious, so I had the salmon as well...that was also so very good. When I finished, I had the special oatmeal and the peasant bread which was waiting for me. I think it's the country air that makes everything taste so very good, or simply Lynda's wonderful cooking ability.

After breakfast, I took my coffee out onto the charming, expansive porch. The yard looked so beautiful, green gently rolling lawns (thanks to Frances' mowing) with the flower garden in full bloom. The only sound I heard was the crow talking and a few other birds chirping to one another. It was so utterly peaceful and beautiful. When the rain ended, I headed out to explore the fields. I told my wife that next time I come back, she has to come with me to experience the magic!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bernard T
Utica, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Are you ready for the ultimate pampering and relaxing experience? My sister and I just spent 2 amazing nights at The Stone Rose. We chose it especially for the location and found it quite close to many Mohawk Valley historic sites- half hour or less. It's a gorgeous Victorian mansion which was actually rebuilt from an earlier residence, so it has all of the charm of an older home, but all the modern conveniences. The room was very cool and comfortable despite intense heat and humidity.The owners have gone overboard decorating the home, a real treat for the eyes. Chuck, Linda and her Mom, Frances, are your super- accommodating hosts and are history/genealogy lovers as well-check out the library!! The garden and grounds are astounding as well, although with our short stay, unfortunately, we did not get the chance to view up-close. Save your appetite for breakfast, you surely have not had one as delicious , as fresh, or as varied, as this, in a very long while. You may not need lunch, as we did not. The owners have truly put their heart and soul into this place, and it is highly recommended. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: We stayed in the garden suite.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank maliksmom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sloansville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Johnstown
#1 of 1 in Schoharie
Countryside Inn
Countryside Inn
#1 of 1 in Richmondville

Been to Stone Rose Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!