“A fantastic meal with great service!”

Bellini's Italian Eatery
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Slingerlands
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: An authentic Italian eatery that boasts a serious wine collection. From upscale professionals and couples, to families and friends, Bellini's offers an uncompromising dining experience. Joseph Marrello grew up in Italian kitchens where cooking and entertaining was a part of life and he first started working in his family restaurants at an early age. In 2002, he opened Bellini's Italian Eatery which uses his family's recipes of authentic Italian and entertaining friends and family. With Bellini's Italian Eatery, Joe Marrello has created a dining experience that translates into a lifestyle inspired by his Southern Italian heritage, New York style of life and a passion for entertaining. Taking the lessons his father taught him about the restaurant industry Joseph Marrello continues to build upon the Marrello Family's 50 year legacy of restaurant experience.
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Being a resident for many years of central New Jersey, we think we have the best Italian food outside of Italy, right here in our area. While visiting with family in the Saratoga area, we asked to dine at one of their favorite Italian restaurants. The choice was Bellini’s Italian eatery located in the Price Chopper Plaza conveniently located near the highway 85 bypass and New Scotland Rd., Upon entry we were pleasantly greeted by the hostess and directed to the full bar or a few high top tables just to the right of the entrance. Just to the left, we could see the wood-fired pizza oven with tasty looking pizza being tended to and a coffee and desert station with mouthwatering cakes on display. Within just a few minutes, we were seated in one of the booths that seat four people. The booths surround the warm and comfortable dining room. Tables for larger parties are located in the center of the room and were full of diners of different size parties. A private dining room in the rear of the building was also in use during our visit.
Our prompt wait staff quickly provided us with menus, nightly specials, fresh bread and dipping oils. A great way to begin our food journey while we looked over the wine list and menu items. We began with Bruchetta ($9.95). Basil tomato and Fresh mozzarella served over fresh bread and a drizzle of a delicious balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Another appetizer ordered was the Veal Meatball ($8.95). The “50 year family recipe” the kitchen created made great use of pork, beef and veal to produce a wonderful, softball size meatball, served in the house marinara sauce with a ball of fresh ricotta cheese and sliced fresh bread. Both appetizers were visually beautiful, well prepared and met our strong desire for two, great starters to be shared by our party of four.
Dinners orders were the Bolognese ($14.95), meat sauce with veal, beef and pork, Stanislaus, CA tomatoes and shave Parmigiano served over campanelle pasta. An order of Shrimp Fra Diavolo ($18.95) Seared shrimp, roasted tomatoes, red pepper flakes, and fresh mussels served over linguine. The dinners were delivered to the table and each dish had tremendous visual appeal. First bites brought big smiles from those waiting for these well-designed entrees. Again, the combination of meats melded wonderfully with the house marinara and pasta in the Bolognese dish. The Shrimp dish was expertly prepared without the loss of the seafood flavor or over seasoning by spices. Throughout dinner, we observed the white jacketed chef visiting the dining room and the owner/manager checking on tables of diners for their comments and satisfaction. This type of professionalism in the restaurant trade is both recognized and appreciated by seasoned diners and newbie’s as well. A wonderful touch that added to the evening.
Great looking desserts including Torta Di Nocciola ($6.95) Rich chocolate cake layer with ganache and hazelnut mousse, Mousse Trio ($6.95) Three flavors of homemade mousse-Chocolate Kahlua, raspberry & pumpkin and a classic tiramisu($5.95) Classic Italian dessert made with ladyfingers and mascarpone cheese. Due to full bellies, we will try these during next visit. This is great Italian meal in an unexpected location in central New York. I would greatly appreciate a Bellini’s location in our town to ensure our boasting rights of great Italian food.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Their pasta is homemade and melts in your mouth! We were a party of 4 who all got different dishes, and I loved every one of them. I was a bit turned off because it is located in a strip mall, but inside it has a great atmosphere.

1  Thank Christa C
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We ate here last night and had an interesting meal. We chose a pizza as an appetizer and told our "waiter" that we would order the entree after sampling the pizza. He wanted us to order the entree at that time, but we said we would wait. The pizza was delicious, so we had a couple of slices and said we would take the rest home. We asked our waiter to repeat the specials, which he did, and we both chose one of the specials. I chose the salmon, and he said it came with mixed vegetables.....so I asked him if there was a "starch". Perhaps he doesn't know what a starch is, but he said no. It did come with delicious mashed potatoes. The salmon was delicious, and I also enjoyed the mixed vegetables. Bob had the pork chop, and he said it was delicious. When we asked our waiter about bread, he said it only came with the pasta dishes, but if we really wanted some he would get it for us. Strange???? On the menu there was an insert that made mention of a "club" that offered special things. When I asked our waiter about the "club" he said he would get me an application. Interesting.....upon leaving I asked the matre d' and there is no application, you merely tell the server that you want whatever that "club" thing is. I'm still not sure. Evidently our waiter didn't know either. I was rather concerned about his knowledge, so I asked him how long he has been working there; I figured he was in his first week......no he said he has been there for a year. Next came the coffee: the expresso was in such a tiny cup it was almost difficult to find. My cappacino, on the other hand, came in a soup bowl. Lots of watery tasteless, but expensive coffee. We chose the sampler for desert....don't bother! Perhaps our expectations are too high for a restaurant meal that totaled $115.00 (including wine) plus tax.

1  Thank taylor130
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Last Wednesday I went to Bellini's in Slingerlands with a group of friends and the experience was absolutely horrible. They were having a "special" for $19.59 which included three courses: soup or salad, an entrée from a list of about 8 choices, and a small dessert. So, all 5 of us decided to go with the Chicken Marsala special for $19.59. A few of us ordered salad and a few ordered the soup. Everyone was very happy with their starter, including me. I ordered Chicken Florentine soup and it was very good. It was so good that I was really looking forward to my entrée. The Chicken Marsala came with mashed potatoes and there were no substitutions. We found this out because one of my friends wanted pasta instead of mashed potatoes and she was told "no substitutions." Dinner also came with warm bread, which was very tasty. When we received our entrees, I could not believe my eyes. The smallest, thinnest piece of chicken was served to us on a huge mound of mashed potatoes. I guess the huge mound of mashed potatoes was supposed to give you the illusion that you were getting a decent portion of chicken. It didn't work. We all looked at the small scrap of chicken in amazement. However, if it was really good tasting, I wouldn't have minded so much. However, not only was the "Marsala" sauce salty, but I couldn't taste even a hint of Marsala wine in it. The worst part was that my tiny piece of chicken was either uncooked or gristly, I'm not really sure which, and I could barely cut it because it was so tough. I finally cut through the chicken to form a bite-sized piece and when I tried to chew it, I couldn't. I had to spit the chicken out into my napkin because I couldn't swallow it. I tried another piece of the chicken with the same results. One of my friends noticed and when I explained to her that it was all gristle, or undercooked, she called our waiter over. He was apologetic and took my plate away in order to bring me a new piece of chicken. I received a new piece of chicken on top of my old potatoes in about 30 minutes, after everyone else was done eating. It didn't take anybody long to eat their small piece of chicken and how much mashed potatoes can you really eat at one sitting? I could at least cut the new chicken, chew it, and even swallow it, but my appetite for chicken with a salty sauce was pretty much gone. When we received our mini-desserts, I got the smallest cannoli that I've ever seen, though it tasted ok. My one friend had ordered the chocolate mousse and I laughed so hard at how small it was! She liked it, though, so she ordered another one just so she could really taste it. I kid you not. Everyone at the restaurant was very nice, but unfortunately it was the worst meal I've ever had out at a nice restaurant. Ever.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Went there for father's day, 2013. Good Italian food, but way way overpriced! Portions are generous. In the end, nothing special. Would I go back? Probably not. But ... definitely not terrible.

1  Thank Donald B