Open today: 10:30 AM - 3:00 PM
Review Highlights
Vintage 18th Century

Grist Mill on a stream of course for the water power. Next door is the visitors center with one of... read more

Reviewed May 20, 2019
DianneWheatley
Dunedin, Florida
The Unsilent Picture

We didn't get to visit the manor itself, but we went to the Unsilent Picture event that they had in... read more

Reviewed January 6, 2019
Kbochick
Hagerstown, Maryland

Recommended experiences in and around Sleepy Hollow
All reviews grist mill haunted house headless horseman daily life haunted trail gift shop historic tour dutch barn costumed interpreters water wheel dutch family pre revolutionary war new york special events colonial era black horse old mill
Selected filters
Reviewed October 28, 2015

Every year in October, I travel to the Historic Hudson Valley to see the Headless Horseman in Sleepy Hollow. It is one of the best attractions ever in a forest filled with creepy "undead". The festivities begin with a walk through the forest where the fear of the unknown jumps out at you and it only gets better from there. Every year it changes which makes it the most amazing place to be during Halloween. I dare you to take a trip and write a ghoulish review....BOO

1  Thank rosecoloredangel
Reviewed October 28, 2015

We're just back from a weekend in Sleepy Hollow. We did the Horseman's Hollow tour on Sunday night. As a woman in my 40's, I'm not a big fan of being scared out of my mind and being chased by chainsaws anymore. If you want that, go to Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando. Horseman's Hollow isn't like that. In fact, it's just the right amount of scary but the perfect amount of costuming, atmosphere and set design.

What could be better than walking through an authentic 17th century manor, on a beautiful fall night, under an almost-full moon in October. The entire walk lasts nearly 40 minutes. It's quite amazing the amount of time and resources they put into each scene's set design and costuming. For a small place, it rivals anything I've seen at Universal Studios.

But don't get me wrong. There are definitely scream-worthy moments, and even more freakier moments, but it could be waaaay scarier. I'd say kids over 12 could handle it. And I didn't have any nightmares that night afterwards. I'd go again.

4  Thank learnlovelivetravel
Reviewed October 27, 2015 via mobile

The Haunted Hollow was very professionally done! The detail and the actors were phenomenal. It made me jump and scream involuntarily several times! I will say that it's not for the faint of heart! There was an elderly mother- middle-aged daughter duo just ahead of us and the daughter (not the mother!) had to abort. We definitely got out money's worth!

2  Thank Greyrockgal
Reviewed October 22, 2015

I took a drive up here yesterday only 20 minutes from Yonkers, spent 2 wonderful hours on a guided tour with in costume guides explaining about what life was like on this property in 1750 .Scenery and leaves fabulous well worth a trip...

1  Thank laimhin
Reviewed October 18, 2015 via mobile

Walking through the grounds of the Philipsburg Manor in Halloween is an excellent idea. Fun for the whole family.

1  Thank FloridaNYSP