“The Very Best Donut I've ever had”
Review of Skaneateles Bakery

Skaneateles Bakery
Ranked #2 of 3 Bakeries in Skaneateles
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“The Very Best Donut I've ever had”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My title says it all. Pit stop on a long drive home, saw the donuts in the window and decided to have a try. Wow so delicious. A nice moist cake and not too sweet. That's all I tried here, but I might go out of my way to stop back in. BTW I've tasted a Krispy Kreme fresh out the oven and this was beat that one by a mile.

• Visited September 2012

columbus, ohio
“Buttercrunch Heaven!”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I have had the fortune of spending every summer of my youth on Skaneateles Lake! Which means enjoying the Buttercrunch Cookies at Skaneateles Bakery! Make sure you ask for the buttercrunch cookie and take a few dozen home! Love this bakery - even the new updated version! Huge bonus - it's across the street from Doug's Fish Fry!

Visited June 2012
Syracuse, New York
“Poor Service”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Was here a few days ago and was not overly impressed with the food and the service was pretty bad. I ordered sandwiches for my children and then asked for the "adult version" for myself. Ended up with the exact same meal as my children. When I inquired at the counter, they snippily replied that I should have said indicated it more specifically (which I thought I did when I asked a question about it) . No attempt to remedy the situation, just a shrug of the shoulders from the counter person. Also ordered cookies from a surly girl, who could not bother with a "thank you" or any other verbal form of communication. Tomato soup was bland and sandwiches tasteless. Even my kids, who eat almost anything, gave it a thumbs down. Would not recommend this establishment. Head over to Joe's Pasta Garage, Doug's or Johnny Angels, where people will not cop a nasty attitude!

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank 300RJC
Haddonfield, NJ
“Best donut in the world - ever. And other good stuff.”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I've stopped in here a few times when visiting my wife's family's place on the lake outside Skaneateles. Always enjoyed the service and the food. Yesterday, I picked up a breakfast sandwich and some donuts - which I usually try to avoid. The chocolate frosted donut was simply the best ever - fresh, light, rich chocolate icing. My wife's vanilla donut was the same - pure pleasure sitting on the porch overlooking the lake on a July morning.

Today was more of the same - perfect breakfast sandwiches - not too heavy, not greasy, just right after a morning workout. My wife said the Cafe Kabul coffee was wonderful (I'm not a coffee drinker). Service is always prompt and friendly. Today I had the pleasure of meeting Katie, one of the owners, who obviously takes pride in her business.

Only downside is the place is small, so don't count on finding a table during busy times. But if you're looking for a breakfast or coffee/tea and a donut or baked good to go, this is the place.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Medstrike
new york
“Grab place to grab fresh baked item”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We grabbed a few scones in the morning and they were wonderful. Nice crust on the outside and very moist. Pretty nice bang for your buck.

• Visited July 2012