“Lovely inside and out.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Skaneateles
Aunt Louise's Lake House
Ranked #4 of 14 Skaneateles B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 20, 2010

While traveling on our annual trip to New England we stopped our first night here. Our room was clean and well decorated. The owners asked and provided very early morning coffee which we enjoyed on their lovely outdoor patio. The breakfast was delicious and the conversation engaging. We will now plan our annual trip to include a stay at this lovely bed and breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 13, 2009

We had a party of 5 (all adults) and feel we picked the best place to stay. The owners (Louise and Dale) are the most accomodating folks around. We had assistance with all of our needs for the wedding we were attending. Wrapping gifts, directions, photos prior to wedding, things to do in the area between wedding and reception....etc. The food is fantastic - be sure to ask for the coddled eggs. Yum. Be prepared for Dale's breakfast trivia. He is good. The property is located in a beautiful area with full views of the lake. The house is decorated with the most exquisit antiques and tastefully done. They made us feel like family that had finally come home. We will be sure to stay here again as we loved the relaxation and the atmosphere of this beautiful home and the wonderful owners.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2009

My wife and I traveled to Skaneateles for a wedding, but found that this bed and breakfast was perhaps more memorable than the wedding. Our hosts, "Aunt" Louise and her husband Dale, were incredibly warm, friendly, helpful, and all-around wonderful people to meet. They also did an outstanding job as B&B hosts. Their breakfasts, served in an elegant dining room, fully deserve the description "gourmet". Their house is very tastefully decorated with many personal touches, and is kept immaculate. We slept quite well in the "Sunrise Room." The grounds, which overlooks Skaneateles Lake, are beautifully landscaped. The house and our hosts combined to create a very peaceful atmosphere. We greatly enjoyed our three nights' stay at Aunt Louise's Lake House and very much look forward to returning. Steve and Adrienne, Arlington, VA

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2009

Aunt Louise's website claims that after October 15 you can reserve one night in the weekend instead of two. Of course, they quickly rescinded my reservation and now I don't have a place to bring my wife for her birthday. They stood pat on their decision despite their mistake. What a shame!! Totally inconsiderate. I feel sorry for how they do thier business.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aamante
Reviewed April 23, 2009

If you plan a trip to Skaneateles the BEST place for an excellent, healthy breakfast and the a clean, beautifully designed bed and breakfast is AUNT LOUISE'S. My husband and I had the most beautiful relaxing getaway that we have ever spent in our 23 years of marriage at Aunt Louise's. Aunt Louise and her husband treated the guest like they were family, the house was very clean and the decor was amazing, gave us a history of the town and what places to check out. Who knew breakfast could be so delicious yet very healthy. We plan on going back year after year. If you are in that area I highly recommend this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EnjoyingLife7
Reviewed July 1, 2008

A wonderful B&B hosted by a very warm and accomodating couple. Rooms were impeccably clean and tastefully decorated - the breakfast was a delight. Would stay here again. Kim and Patrick Oneonta,NY

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 27, 2008

As a single traveler, the welcome I received from Dale and Louise was wonderful! Sharing their home for a week was a treat with the comfortable decor, gorgeous outdoor gardens (Oh, the lilacs!), beautiful view of the lake, and blissful peace and quiet. I was impressed with my hosts' ability to recognize when I wanted to enjoy conversation with them, or when I preferred my privacy - not an experience I've had at other B&B's. Louise's attention to detail was evident all through the house, including fresh flowers in my room, beautiful eyelet curtains, and a readily available assortment of teas. Every morning brought a beautifully presented breakfast table setting which just hinted at the tasty feast to follow. The meal's presentation was lovely and the food absolutely fantastic (the omelette and coddled eggs were my favorite with the french toast and baked fruit worth second helpings too!). Both Dale and Louise were very helpful with their area knowledge and suggestions. When it was time to leave, I truly felt like I was saying goodbye to family - I'll certainly return when I'm in Skaneateles again!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)