“Terrific hosts, great hospitality”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Skaneateles
Aunt Louise's Lake House
Ranked #4 of 14 Skaneateles B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 1, 2008

A wonderful B&B hosted by a very warm and accomodating couple. Rooms were impeccably clean and tastefully decorated - the breakfast was a delight. Would stay here again. Kim and Patrick Oneonta,NY

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed May 27, 2008

As a single traveler, the welcome I received from Dale and Louise was wonderful! Sharing their home for a week was a treat with the comfortable decor, gorgeous outdoor gardens (Oh, the lilacs!), beautiful view of the lake, and blissful peace and quiet. I was impressed with my hosts' ability to recognize when I wanted to enjoy conversation with them, or when I preferred my privacy - not an experience I've had at other B&B's. Louise's attention to detail was evident all through the house, including fresh flowers in my room, beautiful eyelet curtains, and a readily available assortment of teas. Every morning brought a beautifully presented breakfast table setting which just hinted at the tasty feast to follow. The meal's presentation was lovely and the food absolutely fantastic (the omelette and coddled eggs were my favorite with the french toast and baked fruit worth second helpings too!). Both Dale and Louise were very helpful with their area knowledge and suggestions. When it was time to leave, I truly felt like I was saying goodbye to family - I'll certainly return when I'm in Skaneateles again!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed October 16, 2006

Few weeks ago my husband and I had just returned from a longer trip through Germany and Italy, when we decided to get rid of our jetlag and share our vacation experiences somewhere else than at home for a change. Never having been at a Bed&Breakfast but being experienced with Hotels in Europe, especially in France, we arrived at Aunt Louise`s Lake House...
It was wonderful ! We were warmly welcomed by Louise, who instantly made us feel at home ! Our room, the Tree Top Room was beautiful and truly cozy. Even the bathroom was another atmospheric addition to all the other well thought of details in the house. The two different breakfasts we had were enthusiastically prepared by Dale, who provided us with a delicious and yet so healthy start for the day. I never had cuddled eggs before !!
We were also glad of having had the chance to meet wonderful guests with whom we had so unexpectedly stimulating conversation. Last but not least Louise and Dale gave us useful and detailed information about the area, places to visit and to enjoy. We felt cuddled at Aunt Louise`s !! We warmly recommend this place to you !

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 17collodi
Reviewed September 29, 2006

We recently enjoyed a short stay at Aunt Louise's and highly recommend this charming B&B. We had called many B&Bs and inns that we found through Trip Advisor but found most places were either booked or very pricey. Skaneateles is a quaint town in the Finger Lakes area that is quite popular with New Yorkers and as such is a busy weekend destination. We found Aunt Louise's through the Chamber of Commerce and are extremely glad we did. Although we were only staying for the last night of our trip, Dale and Louise eagerly welcomed us and treated us as if they had known us for years. We stayed in the Sunrise room and had the best sleeping night of our entire week long visit to the Finger Lakes area. The breakfast feast Dale & Louise prepared compares wonderfully and even exceeds many other B&Bs we've stayed at during our 15 years of staying at B&Bs. We tried a few different dishes we had never heard of and Louise was quick to offer an alternative to one of the main dishes. Many people run B&Bs but it takes special people to truly make one feel as if they are at a home away from home. Although this B&B is roughly 4 miles from the center of town, the drive is very scenic and being away from the bustle of town was a plus for us. This is a reasonably priced B&B for the area and you won't be disappointed with this choice.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple