“Very Dissapointing” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Garage Eatz - CLOSED

The Garage Eatz
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Chicago Area
“Very Dissapointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2008

I visited this establishment with my daughter-in-law after reading the great reviews, and I was really looking forward to it. We went for lunch on May 9th. First, there was an awkward wait in the doorway for someone to seat us. The young man that served us was nice enough, but he did not introduce himself, and did not have a nametag on. It took far too long to get something to drink. The napkins were cute, a shop rag with a little ring around it. The decor was neat, but not as funky as I had imagined it fron the website. Again, it took a long time to get our meal, the place was not very crowded, but it seemed as though there was only one server at that time. We both ordered from the 3 for 1 list. A salad, entree, and dessert. I would have to say that this was one of the worst meals that I have ever had, and was way over priced. We both had the Chicken Marsala, which was similar to a chicken parmesan dish. Horrible. The "chicken" were flat, pressed, tasteless pieces that were breaded and tasted as though they had been deep fried and burnt. The pasta was sitting in a puddle of water and the sauce was just ok. I have to say that the portions were very large, but neither one of us ate much of it. The server asked if we needed to go boxes, which we declined, and it was clear that he knew we didn't enjoy the meal, but he did not ask us about it. I paid the bill of $50 which included an $8 tip and left. I have never written any kind of review before, but this experience made me feel compelled to do so. I usually try to give a place a second chance, but I would have to say that I would not go back again.

KristinatJPG, Owner at The Garage Eatz, responded to this review, May 16, 2008
Always discouraging to read a poor review of your restaurant. We have had contact personally and I explained the circumstances surrounding some of your experience. It's never OK to make excuses but things do happen that are completely out of our control, computers going down this particular day was a huge detriment to obtaining a successful lunch. As for the chicken. It was a mozzarella chicken dish which is breaded and fried. The sauce being watery and the chicken being burnt are totally unacceptable. With no mention of the salad or dessert, I am hopeful that the first and last course were to your liking. I realize that the price was an issue for you but with much research and the portion sizes we provide $17.35 for a 3 course meal is reasonable, for those who don't wish to spend as much at lunch there is a tailored lunch menu. It's unfortunate that you are not willing to try our restaurant again, if you change your mind I would still like to mail you the gift certificate to see if we can do a better job with another try. We are always appreciative of feedback and we thank you for taking the time.
Kristin Hunt

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Syracuse
“The New Menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2008

To be honest, prior to my last few visits to Joe's, I had never ventured off the "Build Your Own Pasta" path. I just thought that building my own pasta dish was great idea and liked the idea of having so many choices of pastas, sauces and ingredients to choose from. However, the last few times I went there I was suprised by a new menu, complete with dishes that I've never seen before. I had the chicken marsala and my wife had the shrimp tortellini; both were unbelievable. Upon our return, I decided to try the Seafood Pasta. What a dish, complete with every seafood you could want and a wine sauce that brought all the flavors together perfectly, I was very satisfied. My wife enjoyed a choice off another new aspect of the menu, the 3 for 1; a starter, main dish and dessert, all for one price. . . .what a great addition to an already outstanding menu (the Eggplant Roulade was a nice choice, as was the cheesecake covered in fresh berries).

As always, my visits were not complete without starting my meal with the best calamari in the Syracuse area.

Keep up the excellent work and fantastic job with new menu; see you again soon.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“My kids love it, I'd like to turn it into a bar”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2008

My kids love it, I'd like to turn it into a bar

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Nashville
“A Wonderful Change of Pace”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2007

My family and I are in the area visiting my wife's family for the New Year, and she had recommended Joe's Pasta Garage on my hankering for some Italian food. She mentioned to us that it was Saturday in Skaneateles, so there would probably be a considerable wait at most places, so we left their house with expectations of 45 minute wait.

We arrived at Joe's around 7:30, when the restaurant was full! The host was friendly, and explained that were were several reservations, and kindly brought us some drinks while we waited. We were seated promptly, and our server, Hannah was quick with recommendations, including the scampi special which was delicious! We will be coming back.

2 Thank nashvillebaby