“Can't wait to go back!”
Review of The Garage Eatz - CLOSED

The Garage Eatz
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I've been here a bunch of times and have always had a great experience. Great pizzas, yummy pasta, friendly service, and a relaxed atmosphere makes dinning here a pleasure. I'm coming into town soon and I can't wait to go to Joe's!

2  Thank eatallthefood

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I live out of town and whenever I am visiting I always make sure to pay a visit to this Skaneateles treasure. It is great and creative food and the prices wont break the bank. The Pizzas rival some of the best gourmet pizzerias I have ever been to. Honestly one of best restaurants in town. You must stop in during this holiday season!

2  Thank Fromskan2NYC
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I live about 40 minutes from JPG, a bit too far to make me a regular, but if I were closer they'd see me quite often. My menu favorites are the lasagna and the American Bolognese (a delicious pasta dish with meat and cheese). I've had their pizza and it's pretty good, too. Portions are ample and the service has always been good every time I've been there.

The building once was a small garage where auto repair was done. On the outside, you can sort of envision this if you try, but on the inside, you'd never guess it. I particularly like the colorful lighting fixtures, as they take an otherwise somewhat plain room and turn it into a cheerful place. As a reference to the building's former life as a garage, the place settings are wrapped in clean mechanic's towels and secured with rubber O-rings. Nice touch, but if your eating habits tend to the sloppy side, you'll need to ask for additional napkins.

On busy nights the place will have a wait, and the dining room is a bit noisy. If you want a somewhat formal, quiet dinner, this might not be a good fit. But for families and a good meal with friends, it's perfect.

Note that there is a limited free parking area behind the restaurant, which you should check out first. If there's no room there, the adjacent municipal lot has plenty of room, but it is not free.

The restaurant has outdoor tables only in the warm weather, and handles take-out orders.

1  Thank Joe H
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Our family loves this place. The whole family enjoys the atmosphere and food (there are pictures and memorabilia of when it was the garage), and the staff are friendly. The food is fresh and the service is typically quick (the pizzas take a bit longer as expected) making for a pleasant dining experience. Expect to wait in the summer months, or get takeout and head to the lake for a picnic.

1  Thank Barb C
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Great food and be sure to bring some salad dressing home! (The couple we travel here with uses the salad dressing as office Christmas gifts) Easy to get to in downtown area. Well worth stopping in for lunch or dinner!

1  Thank familylakehouse