“Fabulous Dinner”

Ranked #16 of 36 Restaurants in Skaneateles
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Our dining incorporates the spirit of wellness and balance by spotlighting local products and organic whenever feasible. We take great care to use the culinary talents of our team to incorporate house made baked goods, aged beef, Finger Lakes produce and cheeses into your stay with us. The Dining Room at Mirbeau takes the form of The French themed dining room every evening when the lights are dimmed and the music gets a little progressive. Classic table-side Caesar Salad as well as seafood flown in fresh daily complement the variety of comfort foods on our seasonal menu. Have fun sharing in this culinary experience.
Reviewed October 11, 2017

We had an excellent dinner while we were guests at the resort. I had the lobster tail and my Mother had the halibut. Our food was meticulously prepared and our server was wonderful. He recommended the grilled Caeser salad which was out of this world and like nothing I've ever tried before. My entrée came with a baked lobster mac and cheese which I was unsure of, but it was delicious. After our meal, we had another cocktail and stayed and caught up for quite a while and we were never rushed to move out of the dining room. The service we received in the dining room again, was outstanding and the hostess assisted our server throughout our meal. It was truly an exquisite dining experience.

1  Thank Fischcat372

Reviewed September 8, 2017

We went there to celebrate our 35th anniversary at the recommendation of our innkeeper. We couldn't have picked a better place. We were seated by the pond outside. The service is friendly and attentive and the food was excellent. This is a great place to celebrate a special occasion.

1  Thank johnnyv316
Reviewed September 4, 2017

This was our 2nd visit to Mirbeau Bistro. The food was well prepared, fresh and delicious. The service was attentive and courteous. As we sat down, we were offered an Amuse Bouche of crostini and red pepper jelly. My husband had the salad of pear, prosciutto & I had the tuna tartare with sunny side up egg.. the tuna was excellent. For our entrees, I had the shrimp and scallops in a saffron, dill, tomato broth which was delicious and plentiful. My husband ordered a filet mignon.. he ordered it medium and it came out well done. They immediately put a new one on the fire and the 2nd one came out perfect! We will probably be back again next year!

1  Thank Lisa V
Reviewed August 31, 2017

This restaurant is undoubtedly one of the finest I have ever patronized. Anywhere. The cuisine is meticulously prepared; the decor is exquisite, and the servers (we had Kellye one evening and Cassandra the next), who are warm, engaging and utterly charming, could not do enough for us. My wife and I each ordered salmon, which was not even on the menu, and the chef easily obliged with meticulous preparation, -- easily satisfying our diverse specifications. ( I suggested it should be included on the menu, which only listed halibut as the fish being offered.) In fact, the chef is highly flexible and will add or delete items on each offering at the patron's request. I cannot say enough about the Mirabeau Inn and Spa's restaurant, let alone the spa itself. I only add that if you are looking for a lovely respite with unique and extraordinary cuisine, and to be indulged by thoroughly engaging servers to boot, this is the place to go. And don't forget to say hi to Kellye and Cassandra!! They are the BEST!

Reviewed August 23, 2017

We always stop at the Mirbeau for breakfast prior to going into the town of Skaneateles. This time was a bit disappointing. FIRST IMPRESSIONS Create lasting memories. That was a slogan a developed many years ago. The parking lot and trees and flowers in it need tending to and the facade is in need of stain/paint!

The gardens are very overgrown and full of weeds. They are sadly, no longer beautiful. The clerk that showed us a room said many complaints have been registered and that the owners saw the mess just a few weeks prior. He said they put their daughter in charge. Guess what? she's not doing her job. The gardens are part of the charm of this place.
We sat on the terrace and ordered our breakfasts. They no longer serve the side of whipped butter, and condiment coffee set ups with special sugar cubes etc. on a little stainless steel tray.
The server placed our food down, but my husband had to leave to go to the car.
It is proper service NOT to place the food down when all parties aren't present, or to at least ASK if you would like them to keep the absent person's food warm. Plates were not garnished.
My husband's food was cold when he returned, but the server didn't return until we stopped him for more coffee.
Furnishings in public areas are worn. Guest rooms looked great although we did not stay here.
Where did the great service and food go? Please hire the proper staff to make your hotel a totally wonderful experience again!

1  Thank Karen M