“Beyond Words: Amazing!”

Ranked #13 of 36 Restaurants in Skaneateles
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Our dining incorporates the spirit of wellness and balance by spotlighting local products and organic whenever feasible. We take great care to use the culinary talents of our team to incorporate house made baked goods, aged beef, Finger Lakes produce and cheeses into your stay with us. The Dining Room at Mirbeau takes the form of The French themed dining room every evening when the lights are dimmed and the music gets a little progressive. Classic table-side Caesar Salad as well as seafood flown in fresh daily complement the variety of comfort foods on our seasonal menu. Have fun sharing in this culinary experience.
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I bought my boyfriend a cooking class and chef's tasting menu for the two of us at Mirbeau for his birthday. We love to eat great food and like to share our meals as we go. So this was perfect for us. The cooking class it's self was great and I highly recommend that more people take the opportunity to learn at Mirbeau. Chef came out to our table and asked us what we like. We told him to have at it and he did! Some of our favorites were the pork belly with Wasabi Pear Sorbet to clease the palette, the monkfish and the filet mignon. Although everything was simply perfect. They paired each course with a different wine and we thoroughly enjoyed each one. The desserts were also great. Every bite was nothing less than an A+. While this is absolutely a special occasion place for us, I would do it for him every year.

There are newer reviews for The Dining Room at Mirbeau Inn & Spa

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We've eaten here several times, usually to the point of being too full to move! We are normally small-portion eaters, but the food here is so good that it's hard to stop. On our most recent visit, we had the curry chicken salad and the Mirbeau burger. Both were delectable! Also, the service is top-notch.

marym79, Guest Relations Manager at The Dining Room at Mirbeau Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thank you very much for your restaurant review! We are pleased that you’ve enjoyed numerous meals with us and thank you for sharing your comments. We hope to set a place for you at our table again in the future.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I spent the weekend at the Mirbeau Inn and Spa so I have a chance to have both breakfast and dinner at the dining room.
We chose to order off the breakfast menu instead of getting the continental breakfast that came with the room. We did this because the items on the regular menu looked great. You get a $10 credit towards a regular breakfast item if you upgrade from the continental. I had the Classic omelet one day and the eggs Benedict the next. Both were excellent. But if you like your Eggs Benedict with the eggs pretty runny be sure to ask your server to have them cooked likely. My poached eggs were a bit more done then I would like but still excellent.
We had one dinner there on Saturday night. Be sure to make reservations well ahead of time. They had a wide variety of dinner selections and there were some very unique choices. We had the Winter salad which was a salad of golden beets (which was raw) and a brie appetizer also. I had the Strip Steak rare which was excellent. My friend had a dish which had half a lobster, shrimp and scallops in it. I do not remember the name. That I was told was great also.
We were too full for dessert at that point and our server said he would have it sent to our room. The servers were attentive, polite and knowledgable.
We brought in our own bottle of wine. There is a $25 corking fee for bringing in your own wine.

1  Thank 46er5811

Thank you very much for your review of our restaurant! We are happy that you enjoyed your experiences with us. Thank you for sharing your comments with us and we hope to set a place for you at our table again in the future.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stay in Skaneateles about 3-6x per year and have usually stayed and eaten at either the Sherwood or Packwood. We decided to stay at Mirabeau this season for just a few dollars more and decided to eat here our 2nd night. The resort and spa were amazing (see my other review on the resort and spa), but the restaurant is a different story.

You'll be safe with breakfast and that experience I would rate as average (B to B+). We ate here both mornings and we were pleased. We then decided to relax and stay in on our 2nd night for dinner and that experience shocked me in a very negative way. My wife ordered the sole and it was totally tasteless and she described it as "awful". She sent it back and refused to order anything else it was THAT bad. I had the frites steak and it was fatty, not overly tasty and my stomach rumbled for several hours after eating it. I NEVER get sick eating steak and I actually came close this time. They took my wife's dinner off the bill which was fair. We ate at the bar and the bar tender was extremely apologetic, nice, etc. He definitely knew how to make a guest comfortable despite the negative experience. My advice - stay at Mirabeau, enjoy the Spa as these are superb. For dinner, head to Rosalie's, Sherwood, 1820 House, Inn Between, etc. - anything else except Mirabeau. Breakfast you can eat there - average, ok. What totally shocked me was that the entire place consistent of a high quality experience and to have dinner be such a train wreck just puzzled me as if there is more to the story - a family member of the owner runs it, etc.

5  Thank STEBAY711
marym79, Guest Relations Manager at The Dining Room at Mirbeau Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you for your review of our restaurant. We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your dining experience with us. We strive to serve the best quality food and service possible to each of our guests and will review your comments with our staff to correct any necessary issues. If you would like to further discuss your visit, please contact us directly. Thank you again and we hope to set a place for you at our table in the future.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

The dining room is classy and you get the royal treatment as well. They look after your every need without complaint and the food was very very good. I look forward to returning but the truffles are highly addictive. The wine bar is hard to pass up as well, it is a great spot and the bar staff knows their craft.

Thank you very much for your review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience both in our dining room as well as in our Wine Bar. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to seat you at our table again soon!