Finger Lakes Lodging(Skaneateles)(Great Value!)
$139
Mirbeau Inn & Spa Skaneateles(Skaneateles)
$315
Skaneateles Suites Boutique Hotel(Skaneateles)(Great Value!)
$200
Skaneateles Suites(Skaneateles)(Great Value!)
$149
The Bond 1835(Skaneateles)(Great Value!)
$208
Hotels.com
Birds Nest Motel(Skaneateles)
No availability for your dates from these sites
All reviewsno elevatordining roomthird floorbreakfast was includedthe yankee pot roastsunday afternoonin townskaneateles lakegreat view of the lakeunoccupied roomssconesmy husband and igranolawedding receptionfinger lakesthe main streetsmaller room
Reviewed June 13, 2009

Good: GREAT location, historic inn, sense of history, darn good breakfast, pleasant staff, good WiFi.

Not so good: Had to send both dinner entrees back (medium rare steak was nearly well done; soft-shell crabs were not soft shell, and inedible) but we ended up doing OK once that was sorted. Got free deserts as compensation. NO USABLE CLOSET in room; I'm not kidding. Tiny closet with no rod and no hangers, just two coat hooks!

Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank erudo
Reviewed June 8, 2009

My wife and I chose the Sherwood Inn because it was reccomended! Upon first arriving at the Inn we checked in and went to our room. We were a little disappointed with the room size and the decor. We had three paintings of naked women on our walls. I was like ok, let's check out the rest of the Inn. Beautiful is the only way to descirbe it. we ended up joking about the walls all weekend. We would go back in a heartbeat. Service was awesome and food was delicious.Setting across from lake was spectacular!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelman2110
Reviewed June 8, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Sherwood recently and had an okay time. The Inn was nice, but it looked like it could use some updating. Our room ( and bathroom ) were small. The shades were broken and the wallpaper in the bathroom was coming up from behind the shower head because of it being broken. Definetly not worth the price that we paid for our room. Unfortunately Skaneateles does not have much to do, so I recommend you do some homework on the area before you go there. The "free " breakfast was weak also. I have seen better at chain hotels.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RetailGuy
Reviewed February 28, 2009

My 3 sisters and I had an overnight getaway here and loved it. The place is very old and has squeaky floors, but it is so unique. Every room is decorated different. All the rooms of this 3 story inn are open for viewing until someone checks into the rooms. We had a room that had 2 bedrooms so the 4 of us could all be together. We shopped the gift shops around town during the day. The inn was serving chili for the town's Winterfest the day we were there. The lobby area has a fireplace that you can sit beside and visit with other people. That night we enjoyed the most delicious pot roast dinner in their dining room. It was the best I'd ever tasted! There is also a tavern inside the Inn. They quite often have live musical entertainment. The rooms are quite expensive, but if you want something other than your typical hotel room, this is great. The lake is directly across from the inn, but it was frozen over when we were there. I'd definitely go back again!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2008

We stayed at the Sherwoon Inn on December 15 to celebrate our 30th Anniversary. This hotel is a very special place, historic, yet with all the conveniences. Our suite was beautiful with a living room, bedroom, fireplace and jacuzi tub. The view of the lake was outstanding, looking across the park.

We had cocktails in the tavern, great, and dinner on the restaurant porch. Our dinners were prepared and served to perfection.
The entire staff at the hotel treated us wonderfully.

Although the price might be an issue for some people, for a special occasion, go for it.

Needless to say, we will stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2008