“Great burgers”

Johnny Angel's Heavenly Hamburgers
Ranked #8 of 36 Restaurants in Skaneateles
Cuisines: American
Description: Gourmet Burger Family Restaurant with wine, beer, ice cream parlor, and full menu. 150 seats and open daily for breakfast too!
Reviewed September 28, 2018

Have always enjoyed their burgers and battered fries. Eat mine med-rare with cheese, mustard, ketchup and lots of pickles. Comes on a grilled bun. Other toppings available. Like fries with cheese sauce (though cheese sauce that's used now is mixed with alfredo.) Prices are reasonable, especially on Thurs., when burgers alone are $4. Was very concerned the last time I ate here, as the place was infested with drain flies. Have never run into this at this establishment before. Asked the employees about it and was told that they had been having a problem for about a week and had tried to get rid of them to no avail. Hope this doesn't continue to be an issue.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed September 25, 2018

I am not exaggerating when I say this is one of the best burgers I've ever had. My husband and I decided to split a smokehouse(?? I think - the one with onion straws, bacon and BBQ), fries and a vanilla malted milkshake and let's just say when I had a bite of the burger I was upset that we decided to share lol.

It was not your typical frozen patty burger, every bite was flavorful, juicy and fresh. The fries were crispy and salty. The milkshake was thick, creamy and perfectly sweet. The whole meal hit the spot.

The atmosphere inside of the restaurant is very laid back, as many reviewers have stated, with a cafeteria style ordering system. This was absolutely fine for us, the staff was perfectly accommodating with questions and were very friendly. I will say the place could really use a good cleaning and paint job. It does look very outdated inside and the bathroom is not in the best condition. However, do not let that prevent you from coming here - the burger is 100 % worth it!!!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

Can’t think of a better way to start your day in Skaneateles than having a hearty breakfast at Johnny Angels

Reviewed August 7, 2018

What may be one of the best burgers you will ever have is the only way to describe Johnny Angels. I wasn't that crazy about the cafeteria style seating but these burgers are worth it. The help is young but experienced and helpful. I especially liked the manager, Carin as she was polite and a joy to talk to. I hope to go again.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

Was in the area but the weekend with my wife. The town has very limited places for breakfast so we research and found out that they serve breakfast. Food was good! great value.