“A local favorite.”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed November 6, 2018

Good fish sandwiches at reasonable prices plus chicken, etc. Not fancy. Just good good food. Fall apple fritters are a local favorite.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed October 25, 2018

I was in NY from CA visiting family. This is my second visit to dougs and we'll be back. The food is very good. The fish has that southern style deep fry. The fries were a little limp for my taste but were acceptable. There were about seven of us and all of our group received their food but mine was taken by someone else, I guess they ordered the same thing i did and had the same name.However, after informing them of my missing food, they made my plate and comped my a glass of wine. Good call by the person in charge.We'll be back on our next trip.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 22, 2018

Doug's has the best Fish Fry around. During the tourist season, All summer the restaurant is packed and the waiting line is down the street, But worth the wait!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed October 9, 2018

Doug’s serves “some of the best fish in Upstate” according to a recent review, but I wasn’t impressed. Have had equally good fish fries at lower prices in both the Rochester and 1000 Islands areas.
Visited the pretty little lakeside town of Skaneateles for the first time on Columbus Day and ordered the fish sandwich/onion rings plate. Both items were served piping hot. Breading was good - not at all greasy, Yes, the piece of fish looked really large, but that’s because the roll on which it was served was so small. And the onion rings are indeed cut from large, whole onions, but they were undercooked and thus, excessively chewy. The homemade tartar sauce is good, but I wish vinegar and/or lemon wedges were available. Coffee was strong and bitter, suggesting it wasn't freshly brewed. Brought the cole slaw home to eat later.
Recommend you study the on-line menu and decide what you want before approaching the ordering station; the lines move quickly, and the countermen are impatient.
In summary, if you’re in the area, by all means give it a try, but prepared to wonder, as I did, what all the fuss is about.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 16, 2018

Out of all the times we have been to Skaneateles, we have never stopped at Doug's. And, we know it is a must. Well, I think the thing to order is fried fish. We both ordered the lobster roll and it was very disappointing, It was odd, with some kind of herb, warm and kind of mushy. We are real "Maine" lobster roll people, and this just didn't do it. They were $18 a piece and definitely not worth it. Why order lobster in the finger lakes? Maybe we will be back and we will get the fried fish like everyone else walking by.

Date of visit: September 2018