“Fantastic Fish”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We were visiting the Finger Lakes region and noticed one evening that there was a line out the door at this restaurant so we decided to give it a try on our return trip through Skaneateles. We were so happy that we did. The fish sandwiches were huge.......almost comical.......the fish extends way beyond the bun. I am not a big fan of fried foods but this fish was not oily or greasy and was flaky and delicious. The hand cut natural French fries tasted like fresh potatoes and not some freezer burned, processed fries that you often receive at other restaurants. We also went wild and bought some strawberry sundaes and WOW.....great ice cream and the topping of fresh, smashed strawberries was delicious. This is not a fine dining type restaurant........you order at the counter and pick up your food and grab a seat. There could be long lines but we add that as just a part of the Doug's dining experience.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I've lived and traveled in many places and have always missed the central NY fish fries that I grew up with. If you are in Skaneateles (or any of the other locations where they have Doug's) you must eat at Doug's. Their fried fish dinner comes with a whopping big piece of fried haddock on a burger roll (which is hysterical looking as the fish is 4 times the size of the roll!), fries and really good coleslaw. I don't usually like coleslaw but Doug's is fabulous. The portions are huge so we easily could have shared a dinner, but I was a piggy and wanted every last fabulous bite! YUM!!!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

cute place. good food , clean, staff was friendly and helpful.left stuffed! great location! everything is walking distance in this clean beautiful town.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Good fried fish. Long, long lines on Fridays. Decent value, outdoor seating available. They have ice cream too.

Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

We make an annual trip to The Finger Lakes each June, and we always include Doug's Fish Fry on our itinerary. There were four of us, and we each got something different. One of my friends got the Fish sandwich and she said it was light, flaky, and overall perfect. Another friend ordered the oysters, and she said they were tasty as well. I had the lobster roll, and it was great. The onion rings were yummy, too. You will get huge portions here. No one will go away hungry! My only disappointment was the lobster bisque...I was expecting a thicker broth, and it was very thin.