“Great fish and chips”

Good for: Families with children
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Great fish and chips”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Great fish and chips. The restaurant lived up to its reputation. We will be back for more. It gets very busy, so time your visits well. The isn't a large sitting area for dining, but it is worth the wait.

Visited October 2012

• Hebrew first
Kingston, Canada
“Great experience”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Amazing fish, also try the blueberry sundae! It is what it is, a great fish place. Judging by crowds locals and tourists alike enjoy the place.

new jersey
“FISH FRY”
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Someone told me to eat here, my husband loves fish I do not. I ordered fried chicken, I was expecting chicken on the bone like a breast or something instead I got chicken fingers, I was disappointed. It was chicken finger meal for $10. It wasn't bad but I was expecting better. My husband said his was good but it's fried food and that's hard to mess up. The coleslaw was very good. I enjoyed that..

Md
“Finger Lakes Trip”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

While on our recent motorcycle trip to the finger Lakes, NY, we ate at Doug's Fish Fry in Skaneateles. When we arrived the line was out the door and down the block. We thought we were in for along wait, but not really. the line moved fast and the food was excellent. Great restaurant to go visit.

1 Thank Sharon S
Missouri
“Popular place - good value, food not consistent”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

If you've been here before, you know what to expect. If not, it's kind of a noisy, crowded place to eat fish and related dishes. You order at the counter and wait 10-20 minutes to be called for your food.

There were 11 of us in the party - we found a long table so seating wasn't a problem. The majority ordered the basic fish sandwich-fries-coleslaw dinner. The fish wasn't salted or even seasoned - being a light whitefish it should have had something added. You can add your own seasoning, tartar sauce, ketchup, cocktail sauce, etc.

A couple of people ordered fried clams and said they were excellent. One had seafood chowder - the broth was very thin (like skim milk) and there wasn't much seafood included. Tasted ok - again not highly seasoned. Another ordered seafood gumbo and said it was ok, nothing special.

A few people said the coleslaw was excellent. The youngest got a hot dog which is hard to mess up. One order of steamers in the shell (clams) were very good.

Here's the downside - the fries were awful. On every plate there was a pile of cold, soggy, tasteless fries. We couldn't figure out the problem - were they cooked too far in advance of the rest of the order and they got too cold? Was the oil temperature not hot enough to give them a crisp texture? Did they forget to add salt? While French fries aren't exactly a health food or gourmet item, you do expect them to taste good at a fish fry restaurant. Doug's failed miserably on this occasion - and not just one plate but for everyone who ordered a dinner.

Prices are very reasonable - actually not much more than fast food. But if they can't make a bunch of orders for a large family consistently with good taste and a hot, fresh taste, then they can't get 5 stars. I was going to give 3 but my wife talked me into 4.

Visited August 2013