“Great Salmon with Pecan crust”
Review of Sherwood Inn

Sherwood Inn
Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Skaneateles
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Sherwood Inn features seasonal menus rooted in Classic American fare. Sherwood Classic items such as the Yankee Pot Roast and Baked Scrod Christopher are available year round, while our chefs change other seasonal entree selections based on the market availability of the freshest seafood, finest steaks and chops, and freshest locally grown produce. The menu often showcases several food and beverage options which are produced in New York State. A wide selection of Finger Lakes wine appear on our Wine Spectator Magazine award winning wine list.
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Very good lunch at this old establishment right on the lake.
Service was attentive but not hovering, and all food was good quality.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have been going to the Sherwood Inn now for about 8 years and if I am anywhere near Skaneateles NY I make it a point to stop for a meal. The staff is very accomodating, the meals are excellent, the bar has character and the view of the lake is breathtaking. One of the best restaurants in the area with down home atmosphere and very modest prices.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

The woman who took our reservation gave us perfect accommodations for lovely birthday dinner. Nice view by the window and good food!!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

While we were disappointed that our trip to Skaneateles was marred by rainy weather, our lunch at the Sherwood Inn more than made up for it. I enjoyed the best Yankee Pot Roast with gravy and mashed potatoes, I wish I did not live 7 hours away because I'd be back weekly for a fix . My Aunt ordered a special that included egg plant and one scallop, while she really enjoyed it the description provided in the menu was not terrible accurate. If you are not up to having desert right after your meal, visit the Patisserie bakery behind the Sherwood Inn after a walk around town, hands down the best ruggalah (sp) I have ever had.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stopped here since our normal place was closed on Monday. The food is just down right excellent. Solid, perfectly cooked, great selection, and great service. Great atmosphere and decor, good prices. We sat inside, but they have great views of the lake as well.