“Great Dinner ”

Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Skaneateles
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Rosalie's Cucina was built in authentic Tuscan style, designed by Philip Romano, and is owner operated today. Rosalie's kitchen is in the capable hands of culinary trained chefs, led by Executive Chef/Managing Partner Marc Albino. We wish to express our gratitude to everyone whose support has contributed to Rosalie's success. We will continue to do our best to keep Rosalie's Cucina as she would have it, full of hearty food, great wine and most importantly--smiling faces.
Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

Love the ambience and the food is consistently delicious! Never disappointed! Be sure to make a reservation.

Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

We were visiting our daughter in college, decided to spend the day in Skaneateles and ended up at Rosalie's without reservations. It looked busy, host and hostess graciously apologized as there were no tables available. We headed back back to the car and an employee ran after us. They had one table left. The fact they went out of their way to seat us made a huge impression. The rest of the evening made it clear why this restaurant was so busy. Amazing food. Delicious bread. Great wait staff. We were impressed over and over. Will travel to Skaneateles again just to dine here!

Reviewed October 15, 2018

My wife and i came here on our anniversary and spent over $100 on just food. Sadly it wasn't even close to worth it.

In full transparency, i grew up eating homemade italian food passed down through two generations of sicilians/mainland italians so the bar has been set pretty high for any dining experience that claims to be italian.

The bread, cheese, and charcuterie were very good. However, the entrees we ordered were not at all up to par. The sauce served with my entree was far too sweet and was more like soup for my pasta to swim in (too much sauce). My wife's entree was a little better, partially because there was a higher pasta/meat to sauce ratio but also because it was a slightly different than mine and was less sweet (but still only an slight improvement to a bad recipe). Moving into dessert, the coffee was weak (unheard of in italy) and we had the same problem with the dessert as with the entrees...too SWEET!! People want flavors not sugar!

I will say that the ambiance here was very conducive to a nice evening out but the service was on the same grounds as the food....poor.

I wish i could make this review better but cannot.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank aspite1
Reviewed October 14, 2018

Great choice for italian food. There were many regulars which was a quick indication to us that this was not a tourist restaurant but a time-tested family restaurant.

Date of visit: September 2018
2  Thank luellen
Reviewed October 7, 2018

My Brother has been telling me for a very long time about how good the food and service was at Rosalie's Cucina in Skaneateles, NY. So when he and I and our wives decided to spend a day in the Fingerlakes we planned to end our day having dinner at Rosalie's.
We arrived at 5:00 PM without reservations and the parking lot was practically empty. We walked in and asked for a table for four without a reservation. After a careful check of the reservations we were given a table for four in a the main dining room.
Our server Shannon was upon us immediately to take our drink order and deliver some very hot bread. The menu was a bit of a challenge to decipher but we waded through it to where we knew what we wanted.
Placing our order we enjoyed the fine wine ordered and the hot bread. I ordered the Meatball and Italian Sausage and my wife ordered the Chicken Scallopni. My brother and his wife ordered the Three meat dinners.
Our dinner orders were delivered in very quick time and were steaming hot. I made the mistake of handling the plate and it was very hot. The presentation of our four dinners was beautiful and there was soooo much food. My brother forewarned us about the huge portions so we skipped the salad course and limited ourselves to not too much bread. Good thing too. Only two of us had leftovers to take home.
The dining room experience was a joy. There are signatures all over the walls. We also noted that the dining room filled up very fast after we arrived, but even with a room full of people we could hear one another in subdued conversation.
All in all this was an OUTSTANDING dining experience in a restaurant that was remarkable. Excellent food, generous portions, outstanding service and a great environment. I loved it and will go back again to try something else on the menu.