“Attentive service and good food”
Review of Rosalie's Cucina

Rosalie's Cucina
Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Skaneateles
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Rosalie's Cucina was built in authentic Tuscan style, designed by Philip Romano, and is owner operated today. Rosalie's kitchen is in the capable hands of culinary trained chefs, led by Executive Chef/Managing Partner Marc Albino. We wish to express our gratitude to everyone whose support has contributed to Rosalie's success. We will continue to do our best to keep Rosalie's Cucina as she would have it, full of hearty food, great wine and most importantly--smiling faces.
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I dined here with a friend on a Monday evening before attending a play. It was nice to have a decent place to dine on a Monday when so many establishments are closed. We made a reservation, this place never used to take reservations for small parties, but they do now, and even though it was a Monday, they did get busy. The atmosphere is "rustic italian", which I find a bit dark and dreary at times, but the service was very good and so were our meals. I had the soup of the day to start, a chicken vegetable barley, which was very tasty and not overly salted. My entree was one of the "family recipes", pan seared scallops in a light sauce of olive oil, wine, freshly chopped tomatoes and some pancetta. It was served over angel hair, very nice, light and the scallops were perfect. The accompanying bread was hot and fresh. My friend enjoyed her salad and her entree of a penne dish with chicken and olives. We each found a wine by the glass to enjoy. The dessert menu looked good, but we passed.

1  Thank jtreby

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I recently had dinner with a group of friends at Rosalie's. The restraurant is beautiful and the service was good. But the entree was not. My steak was bearly warm and dry. It was ordered as med. rare. My husbands filet mignon was ordered as med well.. It arrived on the plate as a 2x2 piece of gristle and was rare. This entree was $31.00. Shame on the chef for serving it!!.My husband sent it back....forty minutes later, when the rest of our party finished their meal. I managed to flag down the waitress, and asked her to check on my husbands meal..she returned to the table and said it will be a couple of minutes more because he ordered it med well. I don't know where this chef got his training but it dosen't take more than 40 minutes to cook a steak. My husband told the waitress to forget about it and cancell the meal......thus he never ate!
we will never go back, this place needs someone who knows how to cook!!!

1  Thank flwrpowr58
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My husband and I stopped here while visiting Skaneateles on the motorcycle. At times, we have had the opportunity to eat at some pretty nice restaurants. Service wise, this restaurant would be an example of what not to do. Our waiter pretty much acted like we were beneath him and like he didn't really want to wait on us. In spite of him, we ordered and enjoyed our food. I don't think the entrees were close to worth the $25-$30 range that they were. They were pasta dishes but while the pasta was properly cooked, it was not homemade. I'd have to say I'd skip this place next visit.

2  Thank sonseekers
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Rosalie's takes me back to Italian restaurants that I remember from 30-40 years ago. That is primarily a comment on the interior decor. The food is served in very large portions and is piping hot. It is very flavorful. The service was very attentive and knowledgable. They have an extensive wine list (bottled wine) and decent offerings by the glass.

1  Thank Henry D
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Rosalie's Cucina is nicely decorated, although rather dark. We were disappointed with the service - it was slow and we felt as if our waiter was doing us a favour! We did, however, enjoy the food. I had a nicely cooked steak and my husband had a tasty chicken pasta dish. His portion was enormous and there was enough left over for lunch the following day. I thought it was a pricey menu and we enjoyed other restaurants in the area better.