“Great Motel, Great Location”
Review of Birds Nest Motel

Birds Nest Motel
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Skaneateles
Reviewed January 9, 2007

This was a nice mom-and-pop type motel. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The rooms were clean and the property was well-kept. We did not get a chance to swim in the pool. Good value.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank wheatman31
There are newer reviews for Birds Nest Motel

Reviewed November 17, 2006

We have been in to Skaneateles many times and always stay at the Birds Nest. The staff is always very helpful and the prices are very resonable compared to many others in town. "Come on, wireless internet for free, coffee, continental breakfast and a friendly dog to greet you." I do not know why someone would not stay at the Birds Nest. We have stayed there 9 or 10 times and the rooms are very clean. Give them a tried a great value.

Stacy Williams

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank kkyykk
Reviewed August 3, 2006

We were in Skaneateles in July 2006 and stopped by The Bird's Nest looking for a room. They had a vacancy for a junior suite for $79. It was a large clean pleasant room. It had everything we needed and we would gladly stop there again. It was great value.

Stayed: July 2006
3  Thank misspatty
pa
Reviewed November 28, 2005

Last year I booked reservations at the Bird's Nest in Skaneateles, NY over 2 months in advance. I reconfirmed the reservations 2 weeks prior to our arrival. Would you believe they changed our reservations to the crappy little "bungalows" in the front, not what I reserved. They never called to tell us they were switching us. We did not know until we arrived. I said never again would I stay there. But unfortunately as fate would have it, I needed to stay there again this year. Would you believe they pulled the same crap on me. I confirmed 6 days before arrival, and they did the room switch AGAIN! Even though they made the switch/mistake, they said they would still need to charge me for the room, because they have a 7 day cancellation policy. Their mistake and I have to pay? DON'T GO THERE! I know I won't ever again!

• Stayed: December 2004
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Auburn N.Y.
Reviewed October 30, 2005

We walked into the jacuzzi room which was $167.00 and it was absolutely horrendous!!! The smell of mildew was terrible and the jacuzzi lokked like it was from the stone age. We requested a refund and they complied with no argument.

• Stayed: October 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chester Valley, PA
Reviewed March 27, 2005

We justed stayed at the Bird's Nest for the NCAA Basketball Tournament at the Carrier Dome on March 24-28, 2005 and just loved the place. We found the Bird's Nest thru the Syracuse Convention & Visitors Bureau and loved staying in the Skaneateles. Before we went I read the reviews about the Bird's Nest on TripAdvisor website and I am happy to report the bathrooms do have outlets and the owner was not aware of the posting stating his rooms did not have outlets in the bathrooms. We will be coming back this summer to enjoy Skaneateles Lake and the local wine trails.

• Stayed: March 2005
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Lansdale, PA
Reviewed September 26, 2004

Excellent, The only motel that allows animals. We would stay there even if they did not. Right in the heart of things. Fairly priced for the area. Pleasant helpful staff. Faldo the owners pet is a must to see. We have stayed there several times as well as friends of ours who recommended Birds Nest.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skaneateles
Skaneateles Suites
Skaneateles Inn on 20
Skaneateles Inn on 20
#2 of 7 in Auburn
Mirbeau Inn & Spa Skaneateles

Been to Birds Nest Motel? Share your experiences!