“Never Ever Again!”

Birds Nest Motel
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Skaneateles
pa
Reviewed November 28, 2005

Last year I booked reservations at the Bird's Nest in Skaneateles, NY over 2 months in advance. I reconfirmed the reservations 2 weeks prior to our arrival. Would you believe they changed our reservations to the crappy little "bungalows" in the front, not what I reserved. They never called to tell us they were switching us. We did not know until we arrived. I said never again would I stay there. But unfortunately as fate would have it, I needed to stay there again this year. Would you believe they pulled the same crap on me. I confirmed 6 days before arrival, and they did the room switch AGAIN! Even though they made the switch/mistake, they said they would still need to charge me for the room, because they have a 7 day cancellation policy. Their mistake and I have to pay? DON'T GO THERE! I know I won't ever again!

• Stayed: December 2004
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Birds Nest Motel

Auburn N.Y.
Reviewed October 30, 2005

We walked into the jacuzzi room which was $167.00 and it was absolutely horrendous!!! The smell of mildew was terrible and the jacuzzi lokked like it was from the stone age. We requested a refund and they complied with no argument.

• Stayed: October 2005
Chester Valley, PA
Reviewed March 27, 2005

We justed stayed at the Bird's Nest for the NCAA Basketball Tournament at the Carrier Dome on March 24-28, 2005 and just loved the place. We found the Bird's Nest thru the Syracuse Convention & Visitors Bureau and loved staying in the Skaneateles. Before we went I read the reviews about the Bird's Nest on TripAdvisor website and I am happy to report the bathrooms do have outlets and the owner was not aware of the posting stating his rooms did not have outlets in the bathrooms. We will be coming back this summer to enjoy Skaneateles Lake and the local wine trails.

• Stayed: March 2005
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Lansdale, PA
Reviewed September 26, 2004

Excellent, The only motel that allows animals. We would stay there even if they did not. Right in the heart of things. Fairly priced for the area. Pleasant helpful staff. Faldo the owners pet is a must to see. We have stayed there several times as well as friends of ours who recommended Birds Nest.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 26, 2004

My wife and I stayed at this motel one night last weekend, mainly because of the AARP sign out front. I thought the recommendation by AARP would assure us of a reasonably quiet and clean place to stay. As it turned out, the door to our room was incabable of locking when we left for dinner in town. I have worked in the locksmith industry, and know what I am talking about. After we came back we smelled cigarette smoke strongly in our unit, and we don't smoke! As it turned out, it was coming from next door, and never let up till the wee hours and neither did the loud voices from next door as well. The walls are paper thin, and the smoke travelled through openings between the units. I called the desk and was told that smoking is "optional" in all rooms. I said that I was "smoking" but did not want to! It was like trying to sleep in a noisy ashtray! The air con units were all inoperative for the winter, so I could not even turn on the fan to exhaust some of the smoke in our room. There was no electrical receptacle in the bathroom to shave, and no bathtub, just a shower stall with a slow moving drain!
Very disappointed!

19  Thank Russ H
Scardale, New York
Reviewed March 21, 2004

We always heard the Finger Lakes Region was a great place to visit with many thing to do for a family. We heard of Skaneateles Lake when we went to the New Yokr State Fair and we feel in love the town and the lake. We inquired about reservations for the following summer and made them at the Birds Nest Motel. We liked the family friendly people who we met while staying and the pride you can tell they take in running and maintaing the property. Loved the size of the room and the kids enjoyed the pool each morning. The room rate was very reasonable and the location is great. Looking forward to our trip to the Birds Nest Motel this August. I would recommend the Birds Nest Motel to anyone.Thank you Robin Fletch

Washingtonville, NY
Reviewed March 6, 2004

We came to Skaneateles for the first time in 1998 and have made the trip atleast once a year ever since. We have stayed at a number of properties and have liked the Birds Nest Motel the best. The value for your dollar is the great. First class ammenities and family pride in the property. We would reccomend the Birds Nest to anyone who is looking for a great gettaway and back to a more relaxed time. All the ammenities without the stuffieness of some.

The best stay going in Skaneateles, Robert Rigby

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skaneateles
Skaneateles Suites
#2 of 7 in Auburn
Sleepy Hollow Motel
Sleepy Hollow Motel
#4 of 7 in Auburn

Been to Birds Nest Motel? Share your experiences!