“Charming & Elegant Retreat”
Review of Hobbit Hollow B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Skaneateles
Hobbit Hollow B&B
Ranked #10 of 14 Skaneateles B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 17, 2007

I spent the night at Hobbit Hollow Farm B&B with my boyfriend and it was everything we could have hoped for. The Innkeeper was a complete doll. She tended to our every need and was also conscience of our privacy. The rooms were all perfect right down to the ironed sheets and big fluffy towels. We were looking for a romantic getaway and that is just what we got. The room had a big jacuzzi tub with views of the lake. The breakfast was delicious and she served us outside on the deck since the morning was so beautiful. It was a little more than we planned on spending, but after checking out the other inns in the area we were glad we did so. Just a short ride to town and not far from the vineyards in the area. I will be writing a review on our wine trip and the must sees in the area.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
4  Thank mreeder

Reviewed March 12, 2006

I loved the Hobbit Hollow. We stayed here for a night in the fall and it is just beautiful there. The breakfast was amazing and the service was great too. We had dinner at the Sherwood Inn (which owns Hobbit Hollow). It was a great weekend.

• Stayed: October 2005
5  Thank STABEVRAY
Reviewed February 19, 2006

Maybe the wealthy investor hired a new innkeeper. This one is helpful but not at all intrusive.
We stayed over for our anniversary and had the Masters Suite..with a gas fireplace,a double whirlpool and an enclosed porch.
I am not too big into the decorative touches but it seemed just fine to me..We spent most of our time in the room,anyway and the room was lovely. We could see the lake from the veranda,where we sat and sipped wine in the afternoon.
Breakfast was well prepared and very good.
I wasn't REALLY expecting to feel "wowed" by the decor..It IS an inn after all and not a home.Wasn't looking for anything but a nice place to spend some time alone with my hubby. For what it is, it is just great. We have already booked this room for our next anniversary.

• Stayed: February 2006
4  Thank dee2673
Reviewed January 26, 2006

This was our third stay at this beautiful spot overlooking the vineyards leading down to one of NY's famous finger-lakes. We were greeted warmly by Celeste, the innkeeper and her Corgy. She had baked cookies for us and we enjoyed a few with tea. We went out back and ran the Corgy for awhile around the horse corrals and then went out to dinner. When we returned Celeste had prepared a fire for us in the living room and we snuggled, read the papers and had a few more cookies. A peaceful night's sleep in our spacious room (now complete with new high def television) and then a scrumtious breakfast. It doesn't get any better than this!

• Stayed: November 2005
4  Thank rampant1
Reviewed August 20, 2005

My fiance' and I stayed at Hobbit Hollow in July after reading the review in Frommer's and on Trip advisor. It is a lovely house set back on a very sleepy stretch along the lake. We were one of two guests staying at the Inn so we had more than the usual interface with the innkeeper, which was the problem.

She was not shy at all about letting us know her political leanings as we dug into breakfast the next day, telling us that people "hate Hillary Clinton up here." No big deal, but then went on to express her distate for JFK and other Democratic leaders (but her love of the Tony Danza Show and QVC). I thought it strange that a proprietress would be so careless with the no-talk-about-religion-or-politics-at-the dinner-table rule.

Upon further inquiry, I learned that Hobbit Hollow was bought by a wealthy investor who is rarely around. This absentee touch was apparent from the decor, which is beautiful but very "decoratory." Our host was hired to run the place as the innkeeper. Since she sat and talked to us each day at breakfast, I tried to be cool, at one point I told her I was especially fond of the Clintons because I grew up in Arkansas. The next day I came down to find a "joke" email from her by my breakfast plate with instructions for how a Hillbilly can use Windows 2000. Needless to say, I was pretty offended. Again, the accomodations were nice and breakfast was ok, but as with every B&B, the host is a big part of the experience - and mine was terrible.

• Stayed: July 2005
14  Thank FabCity
MktgDirector, Director, Sales & Marketing at Hobbit Hollow B&B, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2008

NEW INNKEEPER! Thank you and we did want to respond to the review regarding our innkeeper from 2005. She certainly meant well but did enjoy discussing politics! She has since left and our current innkeeper is wonderful and certainly looks forward to offering our 2008 guests a warm welcome to Hobbit Hollow!

A TripAdvisor Member
Oneida, NY
Reviewed July 27, 2003

We had an unexpected overnight stay at Hobbitt Hollow recently. I cannot express enough of the wonderful way in which we were treated.
The room was fabulous. It had an outside terrace, a fireplace, a jacuzzi and the room itself was very large. The bed was very, very comfortable and the decor was so homey. When we came downstairs for coffee, the elegant table was set with lovely silverware. Each place setting had a large orange juice and fruit cup in place. Though we did not stay for breakfast, I can not image it to be anything but exquisite. I would go again in a minute. The only difference being, planning better. I would like to arrange for a gift certificate for my son and daughter-in-law to go, since they are the ones who made the arrangements for us.

18  Thank A TripAdvisor Member