“Amazing home away from home comfort!”
Review of Skaneateles Suites

Skaneateles Suites
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Skaneateles
Reviewed June 22, 2011

My hubby and I decided that we wanted a quick and simple getaway that wasn't going to bankrupt us or require hours upon hours of driving.. so we decided to make the short trip out to Skaneateles. I ended up finding these wonderful bungalow style suites online after very little looking; and immediately booked them with being too sure what they would be like. I pulled in to Skaneateles Suites I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was not your traditional hotel in the sense that you have your own little bungalow to yourself and it is very private and nice, no sharing a wall with potentially noisy guests. The location was wonderful as well, requiring only a quick 2-3 minute drive to get into town, providing quick access to food, shopping and stunning views of the lake. When I arrived I was greeted by a friendly face and given a welcome letter telling about the hotel and various rules and such. I went in the room and was greeted by an impeccably clean and spacious room with two towels folded to look like swans on the bed (we had a Jacuzzi in the room as well). There was complimentary snacks, waters, sodas and juices provided to us. We had a little sitting area out back that provided a quiet comfortable place to sit out back and enjoy the beautiful weather. In the room we also had a small kitchen with a microwave, coffee maker, and mini fridge. That came in handy to store various drinks and food we brought with us. All in all the stay was great, staff was friendly, location was wonderful, clean room, everything was perfect. We will most definitely be staying there again!

• Stayed: June 2011

Reviewed June 14, 2011

Skaneateles Suites is an absolute GEM. I travel a lot for work and stay in run of the mill basic hotels (Best Western, Holiday Inn Express, Comfort Inn, etc). I booked a night at the Suites for my partner and I and, for a cost MUCH less than I typically pay for work trips, we got a fantastic room! The King Size Jacuzzi room: Huge room, incredibly comfortable king size bed, jacuzzi tub (with candles and a rubber ducky, to boot), stocked kitchenette (you actually get to eat all of the snacks and drink the beverages! You don't see that everyday... And there was a lot there too!), TV, Stereo system, oversize leather recliners, and the most comfortable bathrobes I've ever worn.

About a 3 minutes drive from the lakefront in Skaneateles, we were greeted with a smile and a great restaurant recommendation. We were given a 2 page welcome letter and let me tell you, these folks are FUNNY. We couldn't help laughing out loud as they walked us through everything we would need to know to enjoy our stay. The rooms are set up almost like small cottages - 2 rooms per building. Set away from the road with a big field behind our room, we even had a small porch area with seating in the sun.

I honestly can't imagine a better experience. We are from the Syracuse area, and it's nice to know that we can have a "getaway" without driving too far or spending too much money. Two thumbs up from two happy customers! We will most certainly be back!

HOT TIP: check out the "Click Here for Last Minutes Specials" link on the right side of their website. That's how we got in for so cheap. And let me tell you, it was worth EVERY PENNY.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank aswillumitis
Reviewed June 11, 2011

My daughter and I stayed here for two nights for a short visit to Skaneateles. What a wonderful find this motel is! We did the research and Skaneateles Bungalows did not disappoint! It was clean, the design is spacious and really lovely - huge bathroom with large outside area with sink/vanity with open window to kitchen area. You go around a rounded wall by the vaulted ceiling (kind of art deco looking) and mirrored bifold door closet to the main room. The mini kitchen is very nicely equipped with a handful of dishes, glasses, utensils, towels, can/wine opener, plus microwave, mini fridge, sink, 4-cup coffee maker. The surprise and most welcome treat is oatmeal for breakfast, Nutrigrain bars, waters, OJ, plus some munchies like cheese crackers and Oreos, even a couple of cold sodas in the fridge.

We stayed in No. 7, which had two queen-sized beds and was on the row of bungalows on the back of the property. If road noise bothers you, this area would be a good choice. There is a large and beautiful property surrounding it, complete with grazing deer. There is a nice furnished patio facing the middle of the property facing the back of the row of bungalows nearer the road but not too close to it. There is a nice TV and DVD player, desk, upholstered chair, etc.

I believe I paid $89 per night for this and it was a fantastic bargain. These bungalows are about a mile or two outside of town, but it is a snap to get there. I would rather stay out there where it is quieter (lots of open country), but it honestly takes only about two minutes to get to anyplace, and this place is nearer Mirbeau if that is where you are going during your stay (another awesome place but too expensive to stay there for us).

This is what I would call an upscale "motel" so if you stay there expecting that, you will get it and more. The literature they give you is adorable tongue-in-cheeky and informative regarding their property and stay information. I would stay here again in a minute and highly recommend it and we are fussy. I would much rather stay here than places right in town!

Room Tip: Look at their website for full descrip. of each.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Sippingwineisgood
Reviewed June 7, 2011

We absolutely loved Skeneateles Suites. We were in town for one night, and we had driven many hours to get there. We were so pleasantly surprised by the size, cleanliness and emenities in the room. It was really the little details that made it great. The personal touch of the letter from the staff was wonderful. The beds were incredibly comfortable as well. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank aimeemichele8
Reviewed May 2, 2011

Just a few notes about the Skaneateles Suites. The staff is extremely friendly. The room is very comfortable and location is perfect. Staying here is like staying at a four star hotel. The best thing I love about it is that they give you water, juice and cereal for the morning and a variety of snacks as part of your stay. . Most places give you coffee and that's it. Here they try hard to let you feel at home. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. It is such a nice place that I would love to just come up and stay here for a few days and vacation.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great....
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank lorraine_carpino
Reviewed April 22, 2011

Just wanted to add to all of the positive reviews. These suites are an exceptional value. Clean, comfortable, and just minutes from the villiage. My wife and I love Skaneateles and while we only live an hour and a half from the villiage, it was a great get away. We have traveled quite a bit and have never found anything like this in our travels. These suites are a rare find. We will return.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MAmendola
Reviewed April 20, 2011

My wife and I usually travel during our spring break with the kids but this year we decided to stay local. We did reserve one night away for us. We visited again Skaneateles Suites. It once again did not disappoint. So relaxing and enjoyable, it is hard to leave. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skaneateles
Skaneateles Suites Boutique Hotel
Holiday Inn Auburn - Finger Lakes Region
The Gould Hotel
The Gould Hotel
#2 of 4 in Seneca Falls

Been to Skaneateles Suites? Share your experiences!