“I will not be back.”
Review of Anyela's Vineyards

Anyela's Vineyards
Ranked #3 of 19 things to do in Skaneateles
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My wife and I arrived at the winery at about 2:45. The greeter at the door/register asked if we would like a wine tasting. However, we were hungry and decided that we would like to get something to eat first. So we sat down and had a leisurely meal. About halfway through the meal, I went back to the greeter and asked for a tasting sheet, so my wife and I could decide which wines we wanted to try. At about 3:28, we went back to greeter area and waited for a couple of minutes behind another couple and while the greeter was away helping other employees behind the bar. The greeter then took care of the couple in front of us for a tasting. The time now was 3:31. When she turned to take care of us, she stated that we could not have a wine tasting because their cut off was 3:30. We pointed out that we had been waiting in line for the last several minutes and were waiting in line prior to 3:30. She replied that they were supposed to have music start at 4:00, and that it was too difficult to do a tasting while the music was playing. She then got her manager. The manager stated that their cut off time was clearly posted (there was one white sheet of paper posted behind us, opposite of where your eyes would normally go to meet the greeter as you come into the door) and on the website (we have yet to see any information on their website that gave any different time for that day other than 5:00 and the manager could not show it to us when my wife pulled up their website on her smart phone). The manager did say that if we wanted a flight of wine that they would start serving that at 4:00 but it would cost more than a tasting. However, there were other wineries that we wanted to try that day, so we did not want to waste any more time at this one, especially since it is so far out of the way of the other wineries.

Generally, I thought the staff were extremely rude in their handling of our situation. A minute past the deadline is not worth ruffling a potential customer. Not to mention, the greeter had two opportunities, when we entered and when I requested a tasting sheet, that they were going to stop tastings at 3:30. That was a customer-service mistake that they failed to make right because of a single minute. Needless to say, we will not be back.

2  Thank Phil L

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We got there late and could not have the full wine tasting experience, however, we were given 2 samples to try and the Pinot Gris 2011 was superb. Planning to get some online.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

If you enjoy good wine and tasting is your thing, do not fail to visit this winery. Two dollars lets you taste five of the Anyela wines. You can choose a bottle and go out on the patio with a few glasses and a plate of cheeses, or fruit, etc,,, savor the wine and drink in an awesome view above Skaneateles Lake. Well worth the visit with friends.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Have visited this winery several times and it's always a good time. Some of the staff is knowledgeable however others could use some help. The Fingerlakes are known for Riesling which is not my favorite however I was impressed with other whites and many of their interesting reds. The pinot noir is a must try if you enjoy light and crisp reds! Some nice views, light lunch available, and undergoing construction to expand for functions.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Spent time with family over very nice wine form this vineyard, a beautiful day and thoroughly enjoyed to view except for the construction going on as they improve and enlarge their outdoor space, guess that can't be helped. We'll be back.